Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure you guys have learned this about your Rincons. Did you know you can make them downshift by touching ant brake lever just enough to make the brake light come on. The transmission monitors the brake light as an input to the transmission control unit and will downshift the machine below moderate speeds like 15 mph or so. This works great when approaching long slippery/technical uphills in second as you can downshift to first by tapping the any brake without having to gas it instead.

Going downhill in 4WD is also much safer on the Rinny as all the wheels are locked together and will receive the same brake force no matter which brake your pulling. I have seen several Polaris machines bite it because their transmission and 4WD systems allow the rear wheels to lock up even in 4WD.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i have been preaching that for a long time but people still want to complain about going down hill...just tell everyone to get the hell out of your way...weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya, never heard so many peole with problems going downhill . Mine will go downhills all by itself, it needs the help turning and going uphill. I guess a lot of riders are concerned about changing brake pads.

·
Registered
338 Posts
just get the dyno-jet kit..that will help the power uphills....

i ride at windrock alot,near knoxville come on down sometime...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts