Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've designed and build the most exciting products for the rincon and can't figure how to post .dirtwheels is going to do a d feature on them. Need help.tried to contact Rinconriders to buy advertisement with no response

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can't find photobucket

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r574/JoeMaran/

I have just began production on these products, soon to be featured in Dirt Wheels Magazine. Website is soon to be complete. If you are interested, please call me personally at 772-285-3944 for any details.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wow! Awesome skids. Whats your prices looking like? Weight? They look great!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,522 Posts
Are they the same plastic as the other covers? They do look nice, some sharp stones and log hops will be your true test!

Post your prices!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These parts are fiberglass. There 6 layers of 1708 nitted biaxle and 3 layers of 1 1/2 oz Matt with the highest grade Iso polyester resin just over 1/4 in thick .Very strong.A real plus comes in deep thick mud . It just slides across with no suction.The snorkel and rear winch do there job

·
2,120 Posts
Wow, looks impressive!! Have you done any rock crawling to see how they hold up??

·
Registered
15 Posts
any prices on snorkels yet?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am putting something together that will answer everyones questions .Snorkel kit as you see in photo goes for 225.00 plugs into bikes factory intake with no alterations.dosent alter body pannels and is 17/8 id at smallist point.No flex hose no pvc this is hand layed fiberglass

·
Registered
15 Posts
So the only whole that needs to be drilled in the plastic is where the pipe come out between the bars correct?
Also will you ship to Canada by chance?
thx

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi jpauley i am sure i can ship anywhere.It is small enough for regular mail.I am still setting up shipping website ect call me 7722853944

·
Registered
329 Posts
Your designs look like how they should come from the factory. Very innovative and well made. I like them, too bad I can't afford.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am interested in a price on the snorkle also and how long to get... Skid plates look nice I just got some from Aluminum Products!!!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
snorkel goes for 225.00 ID at the smallest point is 1 7/8 in it is constucted out of handlayed fiberglass and molds perfectly around engin and steering collum call me at 772-285-3944 my name is joe maran

·
Registered
64 Posts
Beautiful work. I will be giving you a shout.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am still learning how to work this site.your feedback has been important to me.It may seam like i am just pushing these products [well yes]but its more then just that.Well let me just continue.Being from south florida I can only dream of looking down a hillside layerd with bolders,or just being able to look down a hillside by itself would be nice.But thats not going to happen in south florida.I envy you guys that live near moutains with real trees.Here we have mud,water,muddy water,heavy brush and more muddy water.Have fun with what you have and who your with.We ride hard and like cutting new trials not knowing whats around the next corner.Where I live there are not to many places to ride without going down the same trail.Are conditions are that sawgrass wraps heavely around our axles and cut into our cv boots,palmetto branches saw through our cv boots,tree branches spear through our plastic skidplates and running borads,and mud packs into our bikes frame to the point our brakes stop working.[god its so much fun]after a couple of years of this and many cv boots later,getting stuck in mud so thick and deep a swampbuggy with 5ft tall tires with 5in tread couldnt pull me out.Fulling my engin with muddy water[what a pain that is]Ive just about had enough.You see I enjoy very much what Ive done my whole life,designing and building products mainly for the marine industry.I guess I can say it has been a passion of mine.Ive spent the of a year designing and making the tooling for these kits,First just for my own bike.My 14 year old daughter and myself have been riding for 3 years now,both of us are enjoying the atv world and talking to other atv enthusiasts.Sharing your excitement with someone is sometimes better then the excitement itself.So with all this being said let me talk alittle about these products.[thought I would never get to the point] Most poeple in the world are not very familar with fiberglass.Some of the nice things about fiberglass is that you can do anything you want with it,design wise and strength wise.For instance with adding a few more layers of fabric to these parts you could repeatedly drive a semi truck over them with barly a scratch.What I have been doing the past couple of months now is trying to find that perfect strenght to weight ratio needed for each part.I have been trying to brake these parts now so I know where to add or even take away material.I will continue doing this until I do brake something[hopefully not my bike].So the answer to the question of how strong is this fiberglass skidplate when it comes to,sharp stones and log hops[quote oilcan]or,landing them on big rocks or loges[quote mudboddy]is,How strong do you want them to be.The skidplate I made for my own bike,[the one I have been doing my testing on]has one less layer of fabric on it then the ones I have been making to sell.I figure if I cant brake mine then the people who buy the ones I sell are in real good shape.What I am doing now is no different then the manufactures of aluminum skidplates had to do.Fine that perfect strength to weight ratio before they fail,an belive me everything has a failure point.Once I get that perfect strength to weight ratio,I belive that I already have,Fiberglass has it all over aluminum,more pertection molded around critical areas such as cv boots hoses wiring,less mud buildup being able to mold the drains in a way that turns the mud and water down instead of forcing it through the slots cut into aluminum giving better drainage and being able to brake suction in thick mud,Which by the way is an incredtible feature;and did mention looking real hot.by the way the snorkel and the rear winch and winch switch are flawless.[all most done]I have been going on rinconriders site since I have been riding.Recently I have been studing the different members of rinconriders,[opps]what I am trying to say is that getting feedback from this site,good and bad feedback,especially criticism and belive me it dosnt hirt my feeling at all,is a benifet to me.The most important thing in business is to give the customer what they wont.so ask yourself then tell me what you wont out of these types of products.I have a set ready to be shiped of to dirtwheels mag.for testing.Before I do I wont everything to be perfect.Thank you for your time.I think I just wrote my first novel. Joe Maran

·
Super Moderator
6,522 Posts
Joe,
What is the price you are asking for the underbelly kit?

As an aside, I doubt your twigs could puncture the plastic I use.

I have used this skid for 9 years now without a puncture. I slide easily over rocks, where the guys with their factory plastic or aluminium skids get hung up or puncture (plastic).

You work is very nice, and if all I had was muddy water and such, I would enjoy putting your products on my "old quad".

Please post your Dirtwheels review. I am most interested.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for your feedback oilcan.Ive had no problem coming down or sliding over rocks with the fiberglass skid I have the scares to prove it.The 6pc. kit that includes the bush guard goes for 795.00.Its takes over 14 hours to hand build them.I wish I a molding machine big enough the plastic they use under aluminum air boats is tough stuff.My buddy rides his air boat down the asfalt road it dosnt touch it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Joe
These Snorkels cover your air intake, but do you make one that will cover the intake and the transmission... Or do you think its only important to set one for your air box and thats good enough?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts