·
Registered
76 Posts
Quick rundown, in my opinion:

PRM - best quality, high price
High Lifter - for the same money, get the PRM
Aluminum Products - don't have much experience
Ricochet - good quality (it's no PRM), 1/3 - 1/2 the price of the others

myself, i went with the Ricochet. Caught it on special - full belly / nose skid, and all 4 CV guards for $215 shipped. Couldn't pass that up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
depends on what you need, i have a prm ( full length from bash plate to hitch ) because i go over alot of things that i shouldn't , now i slide over it rather than getting hung up . if you dont see the need to drive over everything, go with auluminum products one

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the armidillo plastic skid and the quality of build was poor. I got one that had the oil drain hole in the middle of the skid not where it actually is on the side, I had to waller out the hole some. On my first ride the front actually buckled onto itself. It comes with hose clamps to connect it at the front of the plate tucked under the bash plate. Well, I was mad, I had to drill a bunch of holes on either side and tie wrap it on. Real design, it seems to do the job however, going over rocks and downed trees easily without breaking or cracking.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have beat the crap out of my PRM's on rocks. Lots-o-rocks. I love them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have PRM's and drive over everything. But I still didn't like the having the Rincon's vulnerable floorboards unprotected. I modified the PRM's by welding on 1/4" full coverage sideplates. Worked fantastic, but I felt the smooth plate caused a surface adhesion in mud actually making it harder to get unstuck. I made some small slots and holes to break the suction and drain the floorboards, without affecting the protection and "Voila" the perfect plate. I never get humg up and it takes a real beating with no ill effects and cleans out easy too. I also thru-drilled some of the bolts and used bolts with locknuts which was easier than trying to line up the angled bolts with PRM's original holes. I'm testing some cutouts on my PRM CV guards, to keep them from collecting so much mud & junk. I'm also going to modify the front bash plate. I'll keep you all posted. check out the pics on my URL....Bill

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a Warn 3000 Winch up front with the 4 Roller Fairlead. I want to get the PRM from Bash Plate. Will it fit ok? I also want the PRM Skid Plate next, but since Honda talked me into buying the "Stick Stoppers" A-arm guards I don't know if it will fit also. Any comments?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
You know.. I'm leaning to purchase Aluminum Products because of the sh+tty customer service at www.prm-atv.com and www.utahsportcycle.com I e-mailed both these guys TWICE in the past month now and still got no reply. I e-mailed www.aluminumproducts.com and Kenny reply in less than 24 hrs.

I know that some of you guys think that PRM are the best quality and so on and you're probably right, but for my application I'm sure they will suit me just fine. I'm not going to worry about a .50 cent sheared bolt or two and replacing it. I am certain that these skids will hold up to the rest maybe not unless you dropped your Rincon from 500ft unto a 2 ton boulder the others might hold up better. (I doubt it)

Gee...I could even have a second set on hand for the price I would pay for PRM and Richocet which I think is waaay over priced for some aluminum.

My 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I haven't tried the e-mail for PRM, I always call them so I can talk to a person. I am actually a dealer for PRM and they will ship the same day I call the order in. I run every thing they make for the Rincon. The fit and finish is unmatched in my opinion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can i still use my Plow mounts ( i have a manuel lift) and install skid plates. Or would i have do away with the plow mounts and buy a winch and then get skid placts?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was able to mount my Moose plow mount plate directly over my PRM and only had to drill a few holes for the plow mount U-bolts. I'm pretty pleased with the fit of the two and have had them on for over a year now. I don't use a manual lift though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts