Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best all-round skid plate that I don't have to remove to change the oil . The last original plastic piece fell off this weekend....luckly no damage. I'm in Canada, if that's important. Thanks !!

Omega

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I have the one from Aluminum Products. It has a removable panel for changing the oil. There are a bunch of guys on here with the one from PRM.(they are pretty high priced though, but they say you ge what you pay for) Not sure what access it has for changing oil, but most of the good ones have some type of way to change the oil without removing the whole plate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the Aluminum Products skids also and they great.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks........appreciate your advice!!

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I have the PRM .250" skids on mine, they have a hole cut in the bottom for changing the oil. If you outfit with the complete package, a arm guards and front skid it makes a very well protected machine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BKR, that's the perfect look and set-up for my machine as well. I will start my Christmas shopping for PRM skids right now. Thanks for the picture too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Omega, I started with the PRM's and made some mods. Added side plates to protect the floorboards and some cuts to break surface adhesion in mud. Also I modified the the oil hole, by making a removable access door. you can see it on my webshots. -- Ride safe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SXflyer, you have great shots on your website!! Did you weld those floorboard mods to the skidplate, and how does the door open for the drainplug?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Omega, --- Yes the sideplates are 1/4" and welded. I reinforced the outer edge with 1" alum. box welded on and ran a bolt up through the footpeg using a 2" spacer between the plate & the footpeg. The plate is now bombproof. I have come been airborne and landed on boulders and not even left a mark. I just doze over everything. Nothing stops it or hangs up. The drainplug is just a rectangle plate with two strips of 3/8" thick flat stock welded on the back, drilled & tapped for four 1/4" flathead St Steel screws. Works great and plenty of access to the plug with no mess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts