Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install skid plates on my redbomb (rincon). Any suggestions as to what brand or where to purchase them? I appreciate the input guys.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wish I could help on the brand but as far as where to buy, my favorite online sites are ATVDirect and OnlyATV.com. They both have great prices.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I just got my Aluminum Products skidplate from OnlyATV and it was $118 DELIVERED.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have and really like the PRM full belly skid. It's extremely tough and covers from the factory front bash plate all the way to the end of the frame. The mounting holes are recessed so there is no protruding hardware. You can get prices from thier own web site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I install a full skid plate and a plow mount under it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Barkle Thull does the AP plate have a hole for oil changing. I didn't seem to see one on the picture that they have on their website?

Lizard have you had any trouble with the hole not being large enough for oil changing?

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
50 Posts
PRM is the BEST available. prm-atv.com

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have not yet changed the oil since installation so... I do expect it to pour all the top of the skid plate though.

The Moose plow mounting plate mounted up fine with just a few holes through the skid plate so the U-bolts could wrap around the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Count me in as a PRM fan. The plate is full-length, not just part length like the Ricochet... which is cast. The PRM plate is welded and VERY thick. And the recessed bolt holes are nice too, which the Ricochet and Aluminum Products ones aren't. Oh, and the edges of the PRM plate are smoothed, unlike the razor-sharp edges of the Ricochet. I sent back my Ricochet A-Arm gaurds after they sliced up my fingers while installing them.

PRM isn't cheap... $175 for the full belly skid... but I think it's totally worth it. I'm going to replace my beat up Yamaha plates on my Grizzly with PRM stuff sometime this year once I have the money.

Rob

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I know what I will be getting. Once of course the piggy bank is full.

Thanks for all the input guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts