Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say this labor day weekend I picked up a green, 2005 Rincon. I've been a polaris guy for quite some time and they had served me well. I hope the rincon is every bit as good as the 2002, 500HO sitting in my garage. (I need to sell it also)
Anyway....I ran it up in the mountains just a little and it is considerably different than the polaris. In fact after about an hour in the saddle I did start to like it. I will be taking it to the U P in Michigan in a few weeks to run it through some paces....
I have every reason to think it will do fine, but do have one question. My buddy just got a 700 polaris. I rode it for about an hour a few weeks ago......I gotta tell you that polaris is sweet. I will see how the rincon stacks up.....
Any thoughts on one vs the other? And how does the mileage compare with the 700?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I sold an '02 SP700 and bought the Rincon and I couldn't be happier. I had nothing but trouble with the 700. I also had two SP500's before the 700. I like the rincon much better mainly because it has no belt and it handles much better. The 700 is one heck of a work machine, lots of torgue to pull brush hogs and the like but for trail rideing and the like the rincon is much nicer. I havn't checked the fuel mileage on the rincon but I can tell that it is much better than the 700. Doe's your buddy have the efi 700 or the non efi? I don't know much about the efi model. You made the right choice in my opinion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have loved the Rincon since day one and it has never given me a minutes trouble. My biggest complaint was the marshmellow soft feel. Not the ride per say but the softness in the tires. ITP Holeshot ATR's CURE that but retain the good ride, and it now corners like a cat. The other addition was the Dynojet, which gets lots of discussion here as you probably already know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love the Rincon. Rides so sweet! I feel like I'm ridng a cushion of air up the side of a mountain and little butterflies are blowing cool breezes up my ass... **clears throat** Ah hem... sorry... I drifted off there...

Hehe Hey Pablo do you think that the Maxxis Bighorn Radials woudl be good for my rig? I usually only ride hardpack and do rockcrawling.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have no experience with the Bighorn, but they were my other choice. I hear that they really work well, but there was a problem for a while with their QC and manufacturing. They wouldn't hold air/they lost it faster than was acceptable. There was also an issue with availability. This was is the last few months. I would assume they have that all worked out by now. I got a good deal on the Holeshots and the rest is history. Actually they work so good for the riding conditions here in the west, essentially everything but mud, I will probably stick with them until "The next Big thing"....(Vince Gill...)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Johnnyboy... where in the UP of Michigan.... We have a group heading to delta county ( forest island trails) to do some riding and bird hunting sept 23-26

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rock, I got a buddy, toolman, that says the bighorns are the best for trail riding on your bike. He has a rincon and loves his new tires. I think he had the same issue mentioned above and took them to the factory in GA and they gave him new tires. He says the radials are the way to go. Course we ride at Windrock mostly and the trails are sometimes hilly, rocky and sometimes a bit of mud (which I try to avoid). Send him a pm and get his actual opinion. He is one here. I think you will be happy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks, Mack. I'll give them a try. Hey at the very least I can run that HL flat-proffer stuff in them, right? I mean even if I get a set that leaks, I would be running that stuff anyway.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rock, from what my buddy says all that has been worked out. Now they are a verrry good tire for all round use...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any idea where is a good atv tire supplier? I mean, one that has a fresh supplY - not old stock.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rock, Maxxis has a web site that I bet will sell you some, http://www.maxxis.com/, another place is nabreska tire, http://nebraskatire.com/atv/maxxix/bighorn.htm
and last but not least in goldsboro NC the best prices anywhere DALE NETHERBY 1-252-566-5055
Give that a try....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts