Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with their spark plug boot breaking? I was out on a ride on Sunday and noticed that my Rincon was missing a little in deep water. So I figured it would be a good time to put some die-electric grease in the boot. When I removed the plug boot it broke in half. Lucky for me a friend that was with me had a spare boot for his Raptor that we were able to put in or I would have been stranded about 5 miles from my truck. Also does anyone know what the fuse looking thing in the stock boot is for?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep, has happened a lot. Mine broke, and I did "fix" it temporarily while I got the new boot. It's about $20 for the new boot. It is an NGK part, so maybe you could get it cheaper through them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the stock replacement also. I did find a generic NGK boot for it for $5 but it's sealing ability to keep water out was weak at best. So I bought the factory and the generic to keep as a spare for emergencies. I don't deep water ride alot. But, when I do, I don't want to worry about whether or not the plug will get wet and shut me down, if you know what I mean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts