Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my damn spark plug cap while taking it off to grease it. The service manual shows the end cap as a seperate part has anyone had to replace this yet? That little one way screw looks tricky, is it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
It happen to me last month, You can have just the end of it. It's just screwed in.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I went a far as buying a cheap replacement that I carry with me on long rides. I also broke my original and replaced just the end. The cheapo doesn't seal against the head like the factory but it would do the job if needed.

Then again it will probably never happen to you but you'll have another spare part for one of those other brands on the trail so you don't have to pull em all the way back to the truck....LOL!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Broke both my plug wire caps as well. Once on my Yellow rinny over 10 months ago and it's still going strong. Broke my other one on Sunday after swamping the Rincon and removing the plug to clear the cylinder. stuck the broken clip back into the rubber cap and fired it up. Been running fine ever since. However I DID order a new one from Honda Service online for 18 bucks. That cap is a bitch to get off, even packed with dialetric grease.

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
I think you will tell me "I did that dum ass" but if you twist the cap first to break the seal it will remove easier...lol

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I didn't do that. I guess I'll take the dumb ass label today.

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
Its an easy mistake, coming from a person with a collection of spark plug caps....

·
Premium Member
8,096 Posts
Mudchucker you of all people should know to give it a twist before you remove it from her, I mean it...to break the suction. Then have a cigarette

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
hehe... I havent had a cigarette in over 1500 days...

actually, I havent been able to get my boot off since about the 4th day I owned the machine... but I dont do plug chops so I realy dont care much that I cant get it off..so much detergent and such in our fuel my lawnmower cant even foul a plug... I also have a few ounces of gas line anti freeze in the rincon so its running extra clean...

·
Registered
371 Posts
1500 days? You mean your counting the days? Hmmm! I'm envious. I'm trying to quit myself and I gotta tell ya. I'ts the hardest Fu&*^(, Go* Da.. thing I've ever tried in my life. AArrgrgr! I'm a miserable Fu....., SOB. ARrgggh. I go around the house looking for cig butts that my wife puts out. She only smokes about 10 a day and most of the time down to the filter. Things are fuc.... tuff.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Congrats picky! I quit in the summer of 94. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself, next to buying the Rinny of course :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mud,

The plug boot just twists right off the wire. You do not have to go to the coil!

·
Registered
322 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
322 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
322 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sorry!.....Kept coming up "Site not responding"

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think I'll start a smokeing thread!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm also stuck on this too. Replaced the spark plug in my 2003 rincon 650 and the guts inside of the cap fell apart. The NGK ones won't fit so it looks like I am going with Honda.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts