Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I tried doing a search but really haven't came up with an answer so here it goes. I took my bike out today about 40 degrees out haven't rode since the last time I plowed which was about 2 weeks ago put the tranny in auto and went down the road and all of a sudden it started to sputter at about 45 miles an hour like I was hitting a rev limiter in 3rd gear but I've had the bike pass that definitely. Anybody have any ideas it's a 2007 fuel injected? I know when I put it in shift mode and I forget to shift I hit the rev limiter and that's what it felt like and sounded like but that's usually around 56 miles an hour in 3rd gear

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
Might be fuel flow. Do you remember the last time you changed the filter in the fuel pump?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a fuel injected Rincon I thought there was no filter for it only the screen in the gas tank.

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
You might want to replace it then, it is part of the fuel pump. As it's 13 years old and probably near plugged. There is an updated version. Search the forum for the replacement procedure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anybody have the actual updated part number 4 the Honda OEM fuel pump itself? I can find the kit number all day long with the square strainer but I want the actual metal pump itself as well but I can't seem to find that number specifically even in the search. I don't want to replace the housing and everything else just knew filter o rings and actual pump

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anybody know if this newer part number for the entire fuel pump16700-HN8-601 include the newer style filter in it already

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nothing??? I would like to replace the whole thing for $104 now then spend about 50 for the filter have the pump go on me a year later. This is why I asked if that newer part number for the whole assembly has the updated Square filter in it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have a look at one of the parts sites like partzilla or others. They have drawings of whats included and list the part numbers and whats included. Will also show where a part has been updated. You can also look up newer models to check what updated part looks like. I'd be tempted to get fuel pump assembly as it looks to have everything.
I use international motor parts occasionally for better freight options to Oz.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I have looked up all the stuff separately and together in one unit the problem is the schematics and diagrams that they show show a updated fuel pump part number but the old round fuel filter which is why I asked if anybody has actually purchased the new updated fuel pump and actually seen if the square one is in it. Oil can sent me to Partzilla but again the diagram shows a round filter but updated part number I've called the local dealers around by me and nobody can tell me either I would have to buy it take it apart and inspect it myself but I was hoping somebody else has done that already.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have look at diagram for a later year. 2015 shows square filter and same part number for pump assembly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts