Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won't tolerate much load once hot, goes into like a limp mode...cleaned the radiator in and out..back in the day I replaced a plastic FI part when I had a similar issue but can't remember the specifics..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I just bought an ‘07 Honda Rincon over the weekend and it had been rolled over and the display cover was damage and I think I’m missing some parts. It shakes really bad at idle and when riding. I was gonna see if you could take some detailed pictures of the underside of the display cover where that plastic piece screws into it?

·
Super Moderator
6,462 Posts
Unfortunately the meter is sold new as a complete unit. About $275. 2007 Honda FourTrax Rincon 680 TRX680FA Parts Diagram: METER

Or E-bay little cheaper Honda Rincon 680 4x4 FA 06-13 Speedometer Gauges 8571 for sale online | eBay.

As a single cylinder 680cc motor, yes they are rough idling (vibration)... Post photos of the areas you are unsure of , maybe we can ID the parts etc....

If it was rolled, I would 1st make sure the frame is square... if it was a roll/slide, then you should be good, if it rolled and rolled, the chances of damage to the a-arm mounts, front or rear sub frame etc may be bent or out of their stock locations. Take your time, remove the wheels and measure each side, corner to opposite corner etc Patience pays big :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Oilcan here are the photos. The only noticeable damage to it is a bent wheel and the front plastic has a break in it.

·
Super Moderator
6,462 Posts
Thanks... Photo 1 and 2 show the "black tube" which slides down that hole just below it (center of the steering shaft) . The black vent tube from your gas cap goes into that tube and vents down the steering shaft. There is a small black plastic cover missing
COVER, RR. METER (LOWER) NH1 (BLACK)53125-HN8-000ZA

It looks like it hit hard on the left front, (pic 3) so if it rolled, the other contact point would be the right rear, which may have twisted one end or the other. Measure across the bottom of the Front A-Arm ball joint center to the lower nut on the rear Arm ... on the opposite side. Then do the same measurement front to rear same side.... Both X measurements should be the same as well as the forward/aft same side measurements. You can stand it up on the rear rack and do all this sitting on a stool.... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will do. I have the cover I just lost the screw and sleeve while working on it and have ordered it already. But I will do that. Appreciate all the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts