Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll try this again. I had previously posted this and I guess I zapped it out into cyberspace.

I wanted to take the time to thank a few people who have posted here in the past. I have been hanging around in "shadow" mode for the last couple of months and gotten some really great information and products as a result.

I just finished with the installation of my K&N filter, DynoJet, and Karl's 2"exhaust modification. The instructions in the DynoJet kit were perfect with the exception of the lack of information regarding whcih jet to use with the installation of Karl's 2" exhaust tip. The instructions suggest using the DJ144 with stock exhaust and jumping to the DJ148 with a free-flow exhaust system. After having read what alot of you guys did, I installed the DJ146 and followed the rest of the instructions for the "below 5000 ft" application to include backing the fuel mixture jet out 3 turns. IT WORKED PERFECT!

This is the 3rd bike that I have installed a stage 1 kit in and it is the first time that everything was right on the first try.

Thanks to the guy who posted the info on how to turn the Rincon carb upside down. That was invaluable information and really made it a painless adjustment. I'll buy you a beer if I ever meet you face to face!

Thanks to Karl for his spiffy 2" exhaust gizmo. It works great, looks great and sounds good but not loud. I would be very curious what the difference in horsepower would be between using a high flow exhaust and just the 2" mod. IT CAN'T BE MUCH!

Anyway, I live in Florida and the settings I mentioned are perfect. After my WOT test, I pulled the sparkplug and the electrode and ceramic have a nice copper color to them. It idles good and powers through the midrange with alot more poop than it did B4.

I'm too old to care much about doing a 300" wheelie like some of these guys here talk about but I know for sure that my scooter is capable now!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Have you had a chance to observe any difference in gas milage or range on a tank full.
Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
409 Posts
ZenMan- What notch did you set your needle in? Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In answer to the posted questions:

I used clip position #2. According to DJ instructions, it was the second one from the top.

As far as gas mileage goes. I really have not had an opportunity to check yet but when I installed the same kit (supertrapp exhaust instead of Karls 2" tip) on my Foreman, it definately became thirstier. It had to. Thats what the stage 1 mod is all about, enabling the machine to burn more gas faster! That means we can go faster, sooner! You gotta love that!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sclark,

I can't help you there since I bought mine off E-bay but if you do a search here or on on the Honda forum at HighLifter, you will get about 20 hits on where you can buy them. I have bought a lot of stuff from "discount Honda" although I have not priced the K & N filter with them. "Discount ATV" has also proven to have very good prices.

If you have the time, just go to your browser and type in "discount ATV K&N" and you will get a bazillion hits that you can explore.

Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts