Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your rhiny has the famous stalling problem in deep water, mine does and I would like to know what can I do to get rid of it.Yesterday I went for a ride to a lake not to far from my place the trail to get there is mostly in water some place it's very deep up to the seat,when I got to the deepest one the rhinny decided to stall and it wasn't the right spot for it.I had to get of in water almost up to my belt and release the cable for my winch and pull myself out of there.Ounce on dry land it started right away,I still had to go thru to come back and this time I made shure I had enough throttle and I went thru with less problem but it still started to bog but didn't stall.When I got home I check all oil and there was no sign of water, I think I was lucky this time since it took a while to pull it out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Have you rerouted the 2 carb vent lines to up around the instrument pod? Get you a couple of vent lines and run them under the plastic by the fuel tank and up under the pod and tie them off with a nylon strap. The vent lines are different diameters so check for size when you purchase new ones. Don't remember but seems like one was 3/16" and one a 1/4". The "Big Guys" also suggest plugging the over flow line when you know you will be in deep water. It runs down behind the pull starter. It has a one way valve in it but some plug it just to be safe. Me, I keep forgetting to plug it. I also have not siliconed the weep hole in the bottome of the pull starter housing or the rope where it enters the housing. Probably already full of mud....but I had good intentions.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hy Duramax!

Thank's for the reply, I haven't extended the ventlines yet but I think I will after my adventure of yesterday.And I will check the over flow hose also.I was in Texas (Tomball) in 89 I did like the place and also the great weather.Might be going sometime again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is that what is causing the Rincon's to loose power, the carb vent lines? When I hit mud or water, it looses power and bogs down, not deep mud or water, just a couple of feet.

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello aircum!

I never had problem in deep mud but just in deep water,up to the seat and for a long exposure.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Miner- I want to come to your part of the woods!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Duramax!

Eastern Canada lots of trail and nice place to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts