Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When in mud and need to stop. Every time I release the throttle to idle it stalls. Also when in water about half way up bike it stalls. Always restarts.
I took it to the Honda dealer and they can't seem to help. They adjusted the carb idle fuel mixture but said any bike would stall when in a bind and throttle is released. Also were unable to check out water problem because they could not simulate it. Not much help from them. Thinking about calling Honda and Owner of the dealer. Has anyone had this same problem and if so was there a fix for it. Any advise would be a great help. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
From what I have read here in the past you are probably causing steam to get sucked into your carberator and that is what is causing the stall.

I believe the solution was to snorkle the air intakes up instead of down

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jay-

I ahve the same problem. Not only in water but dry land (ie. straight road). Letting of very fast from 2/3 to full throttle will kill it. I have snorkled the carb vent lines, etc. but to no avail. The latest theory on the boards is to take the black baffle off of the beginning of the intake right behind the gas tank. I haven't done this yet, but hopefully that finally solves this.

PS I've also turned the air mixture screw infinite ways, rejetted, etc. What we might have here is more of a problem with the stock carb that there might simply be no way to fix. I'm hoping one of the more ingenious people on this board might be fiddling with a different carb and come up with a solution to retrofit something different onto the Rincon. Only problem as I see it is mounting the TPS sensor to the side of an aftermarket carb.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I filled all electrical connections with di-electric grease. Rerouted the carb vent lines to the pod, and bumed up the idle a little bit. Still stalls when you let off the gas in a mud hole or water. I don't know what else I can try. Kind of ticks me off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mine will also do this from time to time and always when you don't want it to. I had a similar problem with my Raptor and I went with a larger pilot jet. I have been looking for a larger one for the Rincon but have not been able to find one. Cycle Gear is susposed to be ordering me one. I went up .0025 on the Raptor on each carb. While waiting, I am going to go down a notch or two on the needle to give it more fuel at slower speeds. I now have it on the 2nd notch. One of the post by Phil says he went to a smaller pilot jet and runs the neddle on the 4th notch. Not sure why he went smaller unless he feels like it is dumping to much fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info everybody. This weekend I will try extending the vent tubes on carb. Does any of you know where's the best place to buy a DJ Kit and K&N filter online. I am looking at 26" or 27" mud lites and and dont want to loose to much low end power. From what I read it seems everyone is rejetting to get more low end. Also does the stalling problem get worse with bigger tires.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
409 Posts
rockymountainatv.com had the best prices I could find on the K&N/Outerwear/DJ Kit. And they don't kill you on shipping.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine also did this and I presumed it was because I had altered the Carb (I had jetted it). Therefore, I took out the Jet-kit and air filter and went back to stock form and to my suprise the problem dissapered! It now runs like a dream! I am not sure if you have re-jetted but that was my problem. I would like to have my jetted but ONLY if done by a professional that has a dyno right there so they can see the perfomance curves and adjust things on the spot...this maybe pinch here a turn there crap doesn't seem to work well on the Rincon. There may be a few people that can get it right but as for me and mine....SCREW that freking Jet kit unless you are raceing because on quick decents where you can't blip the throttle to keep it running you are screwed...like on a steep hill or in muddy situation...

So, if you are experencing this "cutting out" upon deceleration GO BACK TO STOCK!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine was having the stalling problem the first day that I rode it, which is well before I added on the jet kit. The jet kit is not what the stalling is coming from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mine has done it with or without the jet kit

·
Registered
102 Posts
The jet kit stopped mine from doing it

·
Registered
322 Posts
As caz41 said,

The jet kit has nothing to do with the stalling problem. Mine did it from stock and did not change even afer re-jetting several times and venting the carb to the pod. Larger tire will not change anything with the stall prob, but I definitely reccomend the jet kit with a larger tire. You'll gain a lot more torque to turn over the larger/heavier tires.......Good luck!

·
Registered
518 Posts
My stock '05 got stuck up to the top of the wheels on its first trip out. I was blipping the throttle to try and get it moving and it would stall when I released the throttle. It would re-start fine and tick-over fine, but on blipping the throttle it stalled again. This happened 3-4 times till I got winched out. It ran fine the rest of the day (60+ miles) and has ever since.
I'm now at about 200 miles and took it through some deep water/mud last weekend (again up to the top of the wheels) it got stuck for about 10 seconds and with a bit of revving freed itself - all with no stalls !
I doubt this was the reason/cure, but all four valves needed re-setting at the 100 mile service. Other than change the oil, that is all I have done mechanically to it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rincon1, A jet kit may not help on anyone elses, but I can guarantee you that mine has never done it since I installed my jet kit. Who knows maybe it just fixed itself.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine does it only on short steep inclines when I need it not doing this. It did it last week while loading it on my trailer like 5 times. It would always start back, but die again. I don't mind unless I am with some "Honda Haters". Then it will be bad. Chad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine also quit doing it after installing the jet kit. It also starts easier and a lot better throttle response.. I used to have to leave the choke on till it warmed up and now I only choke it to start and it's all good from there...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts