Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What precautions, if any, need to be taken before standing the Rincon on its rear. Does the battery need to be removed and will any of the fluids leak?e.g. coolant, fuel (even if its turned off), etc.,.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Turn the fuel off of course. If your gas tank is over half full then fuel will leak out of the vent hose @ your gas cap. I clamp it with a pair of vise grips before I stand it up. Nothing else to worry about.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Another thing you might want to do is to get a friend to help lift it. after you get it about a foot off the ground it gets heavy. I have a hook point in the header over the garage door that I just hook the winch to and simply push the button. It saves on the back. and riding sucks when your back hurts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so what if ur doin wheelies and go to far r we going to hurt anything doin this or not besides my self

·
8,082 Posts
Dont forget the gas vent like hondaman said. I stood mine up to put on a skid plate and didn't realize it until I heard the gas dripping! Took me a minute to figure what was leaking! Filled the steering stem up and soaked the seat!

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
The rack saves you on the roll over of a wheelie. Not much to worry about but scratching the rack..... besides your ass and head.

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
There's really nothing to worry about except personal injury. I've flipped my bike completely and stood it up a number of times. If you have the rear rack extension, it actually acts like a wheelie bar.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
If you're standing it up on the rear rack to wash underneath, turn off the fuel, clamp the fuel cap breather hose, and make sure to turn the water pump drain hose to the side or something so you don't spray water up in there. The easiest way I've found to get it on the rear rack is to pop a wheelie in the yard like BDMB's pic and hold it there. (If I'm alone anyways)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 07 Rincon. I just pull a wheelie from a dead atop and set it on the rear rack. It is fuel injected so no petcock to turn off. I don't think it has hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
trent,

If you have a full or near full gas tank gas will run out the gas tank vent tube.

maxmo

·
Registered
47 Posts
dont forget about the rear fender bolts getting pulled through the plastic,yaknow below the taillights.mine had about 5 miles on it when that happened.

·
8,082 Posts
You need a bumper claas tech!

·
8,082 Posts
Thanks man it needs a bath but its' too cold! Don't forget to loosen all the rack bolts (it makes it easier to line the bolts up).

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Guru bumper was way easier to put on than the front Moose was. It looks awesome and the Pullaris tow hook comes in handy!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts