Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I took my family on one last vacation before school started. We went up to Yellowstone. I dragged our ATV's clear up there thinking we could do some riding in Big Sky Country while we were there right. Man was I in for a rude awakening. We got a room in West Yellowstone, MT. I set out in search of a map of the surrounding areas and this is what kind of BS I was fed. Get this, to ride 4 wheelers on ANY public dirt roads, including 2 track roads (most 4 wheel drive roads) you must have: A STREET LEGAL ATV. I could't f***** believe it! And this is their definition of street legal. ATV's must have a license plate, insurance, a headlight with high & low beams, a tailight, a brake light, a horn, a mirror and here goes, unmodified exhaust. Then I find out you must also have a driver license with a motorcycle endorsment. What the f***. Holy s*** the Clintonites have ruined that place.

Needless to say I was pissed! Instead of spending several days in Montana we went to the park one day and got the HELL OUT OF THERE! Went back down to Island Park, ID (very ATV friendly) and St. Anthony, ID (sand dunes).

So next time anyone is planning where to go for a nice trip DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MONTANA. It is a complete waste of time and money.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking about taking the quads with us when we visit Glacier. I guess I'll rethink that idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts