Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....i have a vit of information for you guys.....Stock grizzly wheels will NOT work on a rincon, with out help....they bolt right on, however, if the shock sprin is not turned just right, it will hit, it also apears that your tire will hit the bat box on the right rear.....now, if you buy highlifter spacers, it will work fine....

now you say, what a fool....why try that,,,,,i know i know, i got the griz wheels for 100 bucks, i figured it would save money, now i have 200 in the wheels, (highlifter spacer 96 and change)...the fronts apear to be ok.....oh well i prolly could havegotten some c series for the 2 bills....

thanks for listning...

matt

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fomo,from what i understand the only wheel that will fit the rincon with the proper offset is off a 02 grizzly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran a stock set of 03 grizz wheels with atr's on my rincon and they worked just fine. I just wanted to try the atr's and eventually bought a set but I never had any problems running grizz. wheels.

I did, however find that the rincon wheels will not fit on the grizz. They do not clear the brakes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes they will work, with stock size wheels, but they do not with 12 inch wide rears.....i have the at home and they rub, now when you sit on it there is clearance, but not much.....also, measure both, a rincon wheel has 6 inch backspacing and the grizz has 7.....so they are not the same.....actually the work fine on the left, it is the right where the problem comes in....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have ATR's and have plenty of clearance, even though they have less offset than the stockers. It looks like 12's would hit the battery box. I do have a set of 27/12/12 Mud Bugs however that would work with these wheels because they only actually measure 10 wide!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya the mudlites are actually 12...ouh well, i only have 200 in the wheels and spacers, so i still saved some money....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man... i put the mudlites on esterday, and went for a short ride...the machine is a totally different animal.....stearing is lighter, talk about tracktion, the ride is a bit firmer, but i think that is a good thing....it is not as mushy as it was...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Matt, what size mudlites did you get?? That is what I think i will get. I have been holding out for the maxxis bighorn radial to come out in 26"...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
26-10-12 ft and 26-12-12 rear...i wanted the bigs also, the size was fine with me, i would have goten mls in 25 exept for the tread depth....also, once the stockers ware out i am getting radial bigs...ppl say the 25 measures 26fyi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts