Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm waiting on my 2" SS tip from eBay I took the stock tip off, warmed the engine and nailed it in my back yard. I momentary lifted the front end and then had to shut it down lest I mow down my wife's favorite black walnut tree. I then re-installed the stock tip and repeated the exercise with very similar results. Perhaps the lack of back pressure without the tip produced the same power as with the stock tip. I'll perform the test again when I receive the 2" tip. Everything else is standard and I have approx. 50 miles on the machine. I'm ready to change to full synthetic oil but I'm concerned that if I do then any further break-in is over. As y'all can see from the photo, I have my Rincon rigged for a passenger. My wife and I are going to California for Christmas and we were planning to do some trail riding while there. However, the California regulations seem to prohibit riding double on an ATV. Does anyone have any idea if this rule is enforced and if there is anything else I need to be aware of.

Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would probably wait at least until 100-150 before switching to syn. oil.

I switched to amsoil syn after about a 125. I have heard most of the break in is done in the first 20 miles.

Some people will tell you even more like 3-400???

By the way mine runs great!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Yea I would wait till around the 5oo mile mark, I seen a big change in mine somewhere between 400-500 miles. At 300 miles it would just slightly pull the wheels and at 500 miles it would pull it straight up and set it on the back bumper.Then I went to synthetic......I also clipped the spring in half at that time, so it might have had a lot to do with it also....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts