Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a number of compliants about stock Rincons with stock tires having difficulties in the mud.

I posted some pictures of my son and I playing in the mud on our stock Rincons. They performed flawlessly for the type of mud we were in.

So I'm curious as to the type of mud riding the stock Rincon can't handle. Anyone have some good pictures ?

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I dont have any pictures.... But when you get into thick, deep mud... the rincons stock tires turn into slicks.... They just need deeper lugs.... Also, when you get one front tire off the ground, you have to rely on the back two to push... Where in the more luggy tires help a lot....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Skip, Nice Pics !!!!
I would have to agree with Isurvived,
It's not so much the mud in general it's when it GETS THICK !!!!. NO LUGS !! I just replace my stock tires and can not give you a true opinion yet ,but i really never had a problem, just a few times when it hit bottom. I was fine with it. I think most people are fine too, It's about Confidence, and most of all !!!for me !!!! It's all about the looks baby!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tires make all the difference. The first thing i changed on my rinny was the tires. As stated above, once it gets thick, the poor stockers just coat over and become useless.

Even with the Dirt Devils, which are not by any means the most aggressive mudding tire (but the best for the all around riding i do), i can go place in 2WD that i used to get stuck in with 4WD on the stockers.

More tread depth and better clearing makes all the difference. See below.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Drock...

How is that paint holding up.... flaking, chiping or wearing through??? Nice looking ride.... I like the tires...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Paint is doing pretty well, except for the racks. The slick metal racks did not hold the plastidip well at all. I am going to use a bedliner type produck on it next - when i get my lazy self around to it.

As for the body, the only real spots i seem to have trouble with is the sharp edges of the plastic (i.e. around the air scoop) and the raised ridge around the warning labels on the wheel wells.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Drock, Two questions; If you had to to it over again...One would you still go with 27"? Two. Would you paint your machine or just buy new plastic?, My Machine is Green and i like black but i don;t know if it would be worth the time to change it. I added a few Mods to it so i'm starting to like the Green but I alway like black, Silver is another different look...

·
Registered
76 Posts
To tell you the truth i purchased 26" DD's, but since they did not have them in stock, they gave me 27" for the same price. If i was to do it again, i probably would go with the 26" tires. The 27's rub if they are turned the whole way and you hit a bump. The 26" DD's have the same tread depth as the 27's with a little less rotational mass.

As for paint, i would do the plastidip thing again. It was fairly easy to do and cost about 1/10th the price of new plastic. Moreover, it protects the plastic under it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts