Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted some of the pictures of the install. I think you have to go to my Profile to see all of them. Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
AWESOME!! does it run good? Is it really loud?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason- not sure yet. Have only had it down the alley. It did sound sort of loud bouncing off the fences. I really don't want a loud one but I do want some more power so it will have to be a trade off. It comes with 12 discs for "tuning". the more you use, the more power and the louder. They recommend no fewer than 8. So I may try to take some out and see what it sounds like before the screws start to corrode. I have read some of Toolman's post saying he did not like the one he had on his Rubicon. But, hey, I can't complain since I won it at the Highlifter Mud Nationals back in Nov. They are just now getting them into production is the reason I just received it. The people at Supertrapp are very nice to deal with. I would guess HL will be carrying them. If you can't find info on them, give Supertrapp a call and ask for Gerry in customer service. I forgot to ask what hp gain I would be getting. Any little bit will help. I hope to get it out this weekend and see what I will need to do with the jetting. I am running the DJ kit at 144/outerware and the 2nd notch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Guys

Check out Duramax profile for more great pictures of the new pipe

T-Bone

·
Registered
8 Posts
how easy is it to change the discs? do you have to take your plastic and back rack off every time you want to change the discs? how do you take the fender clips off without damaging them? thanks for your reply!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks GOOD! But the tailpipe looks a little excessive. Keep us informed on how much it improves power. Any idea on what they are going to cost when they are released to the public for sale?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I have the IDS-X on my Grizzly. I suggest using anti-sieze on the screws that hold the discs in place because you'll eventually snap them off, like what happened to one of mine. SuperTrapp was gonna replace the core for me and the whole thing turned into a huge mess (due to their own incompetence) to the point that I threw all the crap away that they sent me and said forget it, I'll just buy a new system from somewhere else.

As for sound, even with all 12 discs in, it's not significantly louder than stock.

Rob

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unless you have a short phillips or a socket with a phillips, it may be hard to get the end cap off without taking the plastic, etc off again. The lower heat shield looks like it might be in the way. I think if I was going to be changing them often, I would drill a hole in it to access one of the screws. The mufflet is quite a bit smaller than the stock so I may be able to take the shield off completely and not melt the rear panel. It does not have a heat shield on the pipe from the header like the stock one does. I can feel the left rear fender area getting warm. When riding, maybe there is enough air flow so as not to melt it. Rob, this thing is definitely louder than stock with all 12 discs. When my son rode it down the alley, it was echoing pretty good off the fences. I could hear him pretty good down at the end of the block. I have heard a HMF on a Rinny and it was very loud. Too loud. It is nothing like that. It may be after it has been run a while. My Raptor has had a FMF on it for 3 years and it has gotten pretty loud. Idling, they sound about the same. Except the Supertrapp has a more hollow sound to it. Probably because of the 2 1/2" tip. I hope to get it out and run it hard tomorrow so I can get a better feel of what it sounds like and check the jetting. I am running the DJ kit with the K&N/outerware. Main jet is 144 and needle on 2nd slot. Just from what I have run it, the tailpipe is still clean whereas the stock one was black, although it does seem to be spitting out a little puff of smoke when you rev it up. It is hard to tell if it is from running rich or still burning the new off. I don't want a loud one but I guess it will have to be a trade off for more power. I may eventually go back to stock because I like the quietness of utilities on the trails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
does that come with the head pipe?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It comes with what they call an "S" pipe. It connects to the OEM header pipe where you disconncet the "S" pipe on the OEM muffler. You do not replace the short header pipe. The new "S" pipe does not have a heat shield like the original but I have not had a problem with the plastic getting hot. It feels warm but has not melted. It has a great healthy sound but not to loud. I am very pleased with it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
So with all of the mods you've done, would you say that the power increase is,,,

1.barely noticable,,,,,
2.noticable,,,,,
3.very noticable,,,,,
4.So noticable it's a whole new quad.

I am thinking about doing some mods but wouldn't spend the money if it is not at least VERY noticably stronger running.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jay, that is a tough call because I don't have a lot to compare it with. I have a friend that has a P650 that used to outrun me pretty bad. Now we trade off on win losses. We were both able to climb Sand Mtn. in Utah last month. Hondaman had told me on this forum that he only made it half way. On the steepest side of the mtn., both the P650 and I had to turn around at the same place. I don't know if it is the sound of the exhaust or what but to me, it feels real strong up through mid range. It seemed to pull really well the other day in the mud with the Goodyear Mud Runners I got from Caz41 not long ago. I know it is a lot of money to drop, but I would do it again in a minute. If the money was not available for the exhaust, I would at least spring for the filter and jet kit and do some playing with it. When I get a chance to run with someone again, I will put up a post. I have some friends that are into drag racing bit time with their Raptors and they have a track they hold races at. They are having their Trailer Trash Nationals next month and I hope to go. I have asked them to have a utility class so I can play also. Maybe I can get some time slips in the 300' and have something to compare with. I would hate to give their Raptors a bad showing. Maybe there will be some Grizzleys there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts