Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at Amsteel Synthetic Winch rope to put on my Warn winch, but I don't know how it holds up over time. Has anyone used this, and what do you think of it. I am thinkng about buying the 40' Extension first and see how it holds up. You can never have enough winch line. It always seems you are a few feet short of that dang tree you were going to attach to. :)

http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-winchrope-atv.htm

It would also be nice if I could find some type of small collapsable anchor of some sort that I could pull out of the ATV trunk that would grab mud well to hook the winch to since there is usualy no trees close enough when you get stuck. Any comments?

I don't get stuck often, but when I'm stuck, I'm stuck. :)

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I use it on my truck... it wasnt by choice at first, the truck came with it...I can tell you this, after having it, I'l never use anything else again. My rincons warn has the factory supplied wire rope, but as soon as it needs replacing I'll move to the wrope.. how many times have you had your hand sliced because you dont have a glove on while winding the wire rope back onto the spool ? hold up better then you might expect.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I found an anchor for ATVs that looks like it would work great. The web site has a few videos demonstrating it. It doubles as a shovel, but unfortunatly it is $87. It might be worth the money to save a days walk. :)
I have E-mailed the vendor to see what it's load capacity is before it bends or breaks and will post it later.

http://www.x-tractor.com/

·
Registered
314 Posts
Haveit bought at rockstompers plus a 50' extension with eyes in both end. Very nice with a snatch block, tree strap and some clevis pins.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
parkgt: I'm already on to that. I saw the Rockstompers website. I plan to purchase either the 1/4" x 50' or the 100' extension of Amsteel Blue. I have the Snatchblock so with the Warn 3000 I can pull 6000lbs, so I have to have a few shackles of some sort that can handle that. If I like the extension I might just turn around and get the Amsteel for the winch also.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You're definitely on the list........No offense Mudchucker!

Does anyone know just how much of the rope the warn 2.5 will hold in either the 1/4" or the new 3/16" from Rockstomper. Just bought a new 2.5ce fitted with the new brake and may put the rope on if it will hold more than 50 ft.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Anyone know how much rope the 2.5ci/ce will hold?????????????????????????????

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RINCON1: I am assuming the standard 50'.

I just ordered 1/4"x 75' Amsteel synthetic line. I will try it out and if I like it I will go ahead and get the 50' winch line also. I am hearing very good things about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts