Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of installing a temperature gauge on my 03 Rincon. Has anybody done this?
2 units I like.
First choice due to battery replacement.
PROTON | Water temperature meter - KOSO North America
Second choice
Thoughts?

·
Registered
57 Posts
It can’t hurt to see what temps you’re actually running. Do you have a temp light coming on regularly? My temp light comes on all the time while working it hard in deep snow. Climbing a long grade while spinning in a foot or so of snow will get it to come on after a while. Both my ‘16 and my ‘20 Rincon’s do it. Radiators are perfectly clean. I’ve separated the oil coolers from the radiators and cleaned in between them. Fans function as they should. As a matter of fact, I don’t know anyone’s Rincon in my area that won’t throw a temp light on under those conditions. Think the cooling systems are just overburdened by that kind of hard running. On the other hand, my air cooled Rancher, or the 4 previous foreman’s I’ve owned never displayed a temp light in the identical conditions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. I haven’t installed a temp gauge. When the high temp light comes on, I just ease off and let it idle until it goes off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never had a temp light come on. Just thinking of adding a gauge.

·
Premium Member
5,781 Posts
I have had one on mine for years. It is a High Lifter brand and the sensor splices into a coolant hose. It has worked perfect. I mounted the gauge on top of the Cluster Pod.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can someone save me some work/time?
What is the I.D. of the radiator hoses?

·
Premium Member
959 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts