Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, let me start by thanking everyone for all the help. This site is loaded with information and ultimatley helped me make my decision on my 05 Rincon. I will be taking delivery on Dec 23rd(I'm trying to get my kids to believe that Santa brought it) and I'm making my list of things to get taken care of. Feel free to add to my list.
Re route carb vent lines
Grease Electrical conectors - di-electric grease right?
K&N- dealer did it
HMF- dealer did it
Ramsey 2500 wireless- dealer did it
Check battery cable for tight- I hear they come loose
Reverse override- connector on the right side
Water Weter - How much do I add?
Reverse lights
Additional Front lights

What else should I be looking for?

·
Registered
322 Posts
You mean there's no Santa???????????

Tires Man.....Tires. Other than the dj kit, they make the biggest deifference in the bike.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
You have the most important thing - WINCH !

Inexpensive investment long term payoff - Hand Warmers.

You won't regret it if you are riding out in the cold!

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Don't get hand warmers without a thumb warmer!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Tires and jetting... if you have the dealer do the jet kit, have them install a jet one size (atleast) larger then the one the DJ kits suggests you install, or have them leave the stock jet in and only change out the needle (this is the recomended procedure)

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I would modify the water pump first thing. They changed the overflow tube on the later models but it still looks like it could suck shit into the pump. I made a post a few weeks back that details how I did it.ATR Holeshots are my tire of choice (after the stockers are toast) but I do not ride much in mudholes. Also would look into lighter weight oil since you live up north, this forum is full of info on this.

I spent a few hours looking for and finding loose bolts and such. Mine came with a screw missing from the fuel petcock, loose lug nuts, loose battery cables, and the gear shift linkage was alittle out of adjustment. Get a shop manual and read it, it is time well spent since the Rinny is a fairly high tech ride.......Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
800 Posts
you got most of the stuff you need to do listed,1 thing that will make a big driffrence is tires, the stockers suck bad.if you want a smooth ride and somthing close to stock but better traction holeshot atr are a good choice. but the tire that most people including me go with is the 26" mudlites. and as for how much water wetter to use i used 15 caps full some were around haft of the bottle. if ever you need a answer to any rincon question this is the right place to find it.welcome and have fun rideing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been debating the tire thing. I would like to have the ATRs but in the winter I could have a real problem. We go on alot of exploring rides and the usual snow cover then is 12+ inches. On one of the atv shows they had a Prarie 700 with ATRs, Rubicon with mudlites, Vinson with 589s and they all seemed to do pretty well but I don't want to give up the nice ride quality. Has anyone had both? Can you give me a comparison? Mudlites should be the 26x10x12 front and 26x12x12 on back right? Has anyone used the 25s? I was thinking that would reduce the power loss. Don't forget I weight alot (280#) I will need all the power I can get.
Roger

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
In my opinion, ATRs are a better ride than stock. The mudlights are rougher but far superior in mud. In snow, they are both fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run the badland xtr's (same tire as the ATR)in the summer and 27" mudlites in the winter. You can't beat the mudlite for traction in the winter but it doesn't ride anywhere near as nice as the atr. If i want to go fast in the snow I ride my sled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts