Honda Rincon Forum banner

They are all the same

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  festus 
#1 ·
I have been buying Big Boys Toys for over 20 years and have never got the warm fuzzy feeling while making a purchase. They know they have what you want and they know you are going to buy it, so there is no need for them to roll out the Red Carpet.

#3 ·
Beg to differ with you here. All dealers aren't the same but that's just my experience.

As this thread implies, there are some of us who know there are good dealers and bad dealers.

The bad dealers, in my opinion, forced me to leave Colorado and shop in Utah. Colorado had what I wanted, but their attitude sucked. Kinda like: if you want it, pay our price.... but we don't really care if you buy it or not. **** them and **** their attitude.

The good dealers know they're making a profit and aren't greedy about how much money they need to be happy. They get my business.

At $6,300.00 OTD, I didn't even care how much Jorgensen's Honda made on the deal and both of us knew I could pay less elsewhere. I focused on how much I was saving by buying from them. I actually want them to make a profit to stay in business.

This seems like a win/win to me. Not quite warm and fuzzy but close.

For the record, I was prepared to pick up my Rincon in Corinth, MS at Lake Hill Motors to get a discount if that was the only good dealer willing to deal.

Ton

#4 ·
Up here in the N.E. they all want to get rich on every sale and if you can find a current model year Rincon for $6900.00 you are lucky.

#5 ·
As far as price; We've got a good dealer about 2hrs away from me that does low prices on end of year stuff (Ex. 03 Rincon $5899, 03 400 EX or 03 350 Rancher $3995). Two of the dealers I've bought from in the past fall into maineman's statement above. The worst part of these dealers is the service after the sale. This is partially my fault; I didn't do my homework:

I had a water pump go on my Rincon. I did not inspect it myself. I asked if it was rebuildable and the service department said "No", I'd need a new water pump. Unfortunately after I had the pump replaced, I buy a factory service manual. Needless to say what the first thing I look up is. I take my old pump apart (I now have a spare for about 20 bucks) I paid 176.00 for the pump. Last thing I buy from that dealer. I don't care if I need toliet paper and had to buy it there, I'd wipe my ass with my boxers first and buy a new pair of them later.

#6 ·
As for dealers in my area (South Texas, there are 4 within 100 miles which are all the same) they tend to screw a person on price at every corner. I got a quote from them for a set of ITP 589's and C series rims for $915. I ended up buying them off the net for $610. A few bucks in one thing, but %30 is a freaking joke. And then they wonder why I always come in but never buy anything...

#7 ·
I think there are very few good dealers. Granted, dealers exist to make a profit, but there's reasonable profit (good business) and screwing the customer (bad business).

The dealer I bought from fits into the second category, and so does every other Honda dealer within probably 500 miles of me. The ONLY thing that motivated me to buy at all was the fact that they sold me all the accessories I wanted darn near at cost. So I got my C-Series and ATRs for about the same price as I could have ordered them for (among other things).

Rob

#8 ·
There are a few good dealer's to buy ATV's from but I have yet to find a good dealer to buy parts from or let do service work!I do all my work my self and buy all my parts from the Net!

#9 ·
I agree that there are some good dealers willing to make the deal and some that will not and don't care a hoot about you or your money cause the next guy will come along and pay their price. I found that down here in North Carolina. I looked throughout the state and found nothing that was close to what I eventually paid in Union City Tenn. I paid 5699.00 OTD. In Raleigh they wanted 7300.00. Now the problem is that extras were put on wrong, if at all, I had to get a refund for skid plate cause it never came in. I bought it off the net, and cheaper too. Another problem is maintenance. I don't do my own work. I can barely change my own oil in my truck. I called the local dealership for breakin maintenance and they wanted 270.00 just for the 100 mile check and oil change and valve adj IF NEEDED!!! I think that is way too much...

#10 ·
hello everybody. this is my first post in this forum and i am very happy to find it.

as for dealers i had the same problem as many of you had. i live not 3 miles away from a honda dealership. the best deal i could get with them was $7199. this after i told them that i was buying 2. they were still unwilling to budge on their price. i ended up driving 2 hrs away and bought them for $5900 each. no high pressure sales and they seemed very happy to have my business. the only thing that i worry about is getting any maintance done. hope i don't have to drive 2 hours every time but i will if i have to.

#11 ·
Hey t-7 My wife and I had the same problem.. We have a dealer not one mile from our home that I wouldn't buy a spark plug from but I do drive a little over an hour to the dealer that gave us a great deal on two rinnys... you'll find it's worth the drive to go to a shop that keeps you happy...also the sale and service staff treat you different when they know you drove that distance. Any servise I need I call ahead and when I arrive i'm first on the list and it's done while I wait..............

#12 ·
Awe...don't get me started! I'll just say that my dealer sells 2 different manufacturers of ATVs. They are the ONLY Honda dealer within 200 miles, and if you try to get treated decently; they get an attitude as if you were asking them to work or something. And the service department is full of nincompoops. I despise them and fart in their general direction every chance I get! :{) I like Hondas; but I'm almost wishin I went with Suzuki like I planned at the beginning.

#13 ·
It doesn't sound like your dealers are as bad as mine. I live in Fort Walton Beach Florida and my dealer will charge retail and than add on freight and set up fees. Lets just say the lowest they are willing to go is $8,099 +tax for a 2004 Rincon. That’s paying cash!!!! They are like that with everything they sell Yamaha, Honda, etc... I have to go out of state every time... I do not know how they stay in business!

Issac

#14 ·
I have had nothing but bad experiances with the two dealers I have delt with in the past four years. The first would give a little on the sale but I had a terrible time with the service depatrment. Now I want to upgrade from a Rubicon to the Rincon so I try a dealer that is local knowing that I would have to pay top dollar for the Rincon but I am looking for good service so I pay the price.
I had an accident and drop the machine off on 10/22/03 to be repaired. They get an estimate to me($2100.00)and the insurance co.on 10/27/03 and order the parts the same day. I stop in on my way home from work on 10/29/03 and the guy at the parts dept.says that the parts came in that day so I stop at the service desk to talk to the service mgr. and he says that there are two parts on back order and that I would not have the Rincon back by the weekend.(I'm not a happy camper but shit happens) Now it's Mon.11/01/03 and I drive by on my way home and my quad has not been touched yet and the same on Tues.11/02/03. I am sitting at my desk on Weds.AM and deside that I will go and pick up the parts and the Rincon and do the work myself so I will have a ride for the weekend. When I arrive there, low and behold it's in the shop and a tech is working on it so I talk to the service mgr. again and he tells me that if the two parts that have been back ordered don't make it in I can still have it because they are not nessasary for the opperation of the machine. I am happy as hell and leave to make plans to attend a ride on Sat.. Thurs. 11/06/03 I stop to check on the progress and the service manager meets me at the service desk and is chuckeling and with a big grin tells me that they sent a green front fender in place of the red that he ordered and "you won"t have it this weekend". Keep in mind that these parts have been sitting there since 10/29...9 days and now they find the green fender. I won't tell you what was said after that...as it was not pretty! I have come to the conclusion that I will do ALL of my own work from now on. Costomer Service is gone...They all just care about the $$$$$.
Sorry to ramble, but ths is my form of anger management, Dave Harrison

Dealer #1, Nault's Honda Manchester NH
Dealer #2 Concord Motorcycle Shop, Concord NH

#15 ·
hey jimmymcnasty where is the honda dealer 2 hrs away and there name also what do you do rebuild water pump? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.