Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm thinking about purchasing a rear seat for my rincon. i was wanting one that had room for a small gas can(2 gal or so), small cooler, and some assorted straps, etc. anyone have a suggestion of one that isn't too expensive, but not cheap either. i'll pay a little more for good quality. i was originally looking for something to just haul a gas can, but i don't think i want one of those carriers that hang off the back of the atv. i don't want too much weight behind the rear wheels, plus i might accidently back into something and i don't want to damage it. waterproof is a big plus, but not entirely necessary. something with a padded backrest would be nice too. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have 2 of the WES classic/standard seat boxes I am very happy with them, best price i found for them (including shipping) is creekside powersports http://www.creeksidepowersports.com/oscom/
Tamarack and WES sell the same boxes, WES actually makes them for Tamarack.
only difference is the logo on the cushion, and Tamarack costs more.
I have a few pics here not real good ones tho http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/nhdirtmod14/
I think it looks good and has great storage space. plus very comfortable.

·
8,082 Posts
numbnuts I looked into those boxes and the WES box was the one that stood out as the best buy IMO. For some reason i do not like the Kimpex boxes.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I just installed this Kimpex delux yesterday. Seems to be well built and roomy. Has grab handles that can be heated. Don't think it will be waterproof. As with anything you order with sportsmansguide. it will be lifetime warranty with no questions asked. They shipped me a newer one than this picture shows.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=183631

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Look at the seat on the T-cat, I can not remember what kind JD said it was, but I do remember it was well built. The seat part in the middle is a nice size removable cooler, you could probably put a gas tank there. Then the storage in both arms, plus handles to carry it with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a Kimpex somewhat similar to "SunkAgain".but with place to keep an extra gas container . Not a bad unit , I hope the photos load up..I may have to do a double post....

Tip for "SunkAgain"...careful if you transport the ATV with a trailer wind will blow away the seat , I had to use a very thin Bungie cord to secure it to the ATV. Also i suggest you unzip the bottom seat cushion, take the foam pad out , and change the very thin plastic that stops the water from soaking in the foam, replace it with heavy gauge Garbage bag plastic. Mine got soaked and would not return to its original shape.

Also my back-up light is wired to the park light ..but not grounded....its turns on only if the parks lights are on and that the ground wire is grounded by placing the ATV in reverse gear ..or in neutral....( I used a switch) from an emergency park brake switch adapted to the gear lever.

Ben

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Thank you very much Mr.Ben. I did not think about the cushion taking flight. I have been thinking about looking into some high densitymemory foam as well. I know to buy some 1/4 inch fuel line for the U-bolt threads.

Mrs. Sunk here --- the day it arrived and was installed - we rode around our property some. It was a good ride -- but my first comment --- "NO CUP HOLDER"!!!!

I also participated in my first wheelie from the backseat!!!! No biggie --lifted about 6-8 inches. A test to see what it would do. I'm hoping we can ride some hills around here soon to get used to riding more. I'm not wanting to catch alot of grief when we get to Kentucky!!!! (I'm such a wuss!!!!) Asidefrom my years of insuranceexperience and seeing what can happen to folksthat are careless -- I was raised by a military manwho always told us that if we got hurt being foolish -- he could hurt us more!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have seen both the tamarack/wes box and the kimpex box in person. I like the wes alot more than the kimpex. I just don't like the design of the kimpex from the rear. It has too many strait lines and does not flow with the rincon. The wes is the opposite and seems to look closer in styling to the rincon. either have ample storage space, but I think the wes is cheaper. I'm going to get the wes.

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
The WES is a little cheaper. Creekside is the cheapest I have seen for it. I have an older version on he WES seat and love it! It's not waterproof, but it does keep stuff dry for the most part. On mine it flips open from the front to back. There was a lock on each side that got on my nerves. I took the locks out and use a bungee with a ball on one end and a clip on the other to keep it shut.

·
Registered
31 Posts
info for mr sunk-again ...for u-bolt ...i use electric wire shrink tubes ...a bit thinner than fuel line and also used a couple of pieced of 3/4 " water pipe insulation foam to cover the bike rack tubes and it seems to even out the pressure between box and rack. the seat cushion was ok ...it was the very thin plastic water covering that is too thin..cracks.. leaks ..i used a very thick palstic ..and left a small vent on bottom towards rear..
take care.

·
Registered
31 Posts
info for mr sunk-again ...for u-bolt ...i use electric wire shrink tubes ...a bit thinner than fuel line and also used a couple of pieced of 3/4 " water pipe insulation foam to cover the bike rack tubes and it seems to even out the pressure between box and rack. the seat cushion was ok ...it was the very thin plastic water covering that is too thin..cracks.. leaks ..i used a very thick palstic ..and left a small vent on bottom towards rear..
take care.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
8,082 Posts
I have never seen this box in person but I like the way it looks. Something about the rails on the top to tie stuff to I guess. I did see a Rincon on here once with this same box. It was a white Rincon with wide offset rims on it. Maybe someone will remember and know whose it was.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=223716&kwtid=210674

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but I am currently looking for a rear box that has a back rest along with a cushion seat for my girlfriend. I'm also looking for it to have maybe a built in cooler. I recently got a boss audio tube for the front and can no longer strap my yeti to the front. I was going to place it on the back but the lady is probably going to have some back pain from it haha.

Ive looked at the quadboss and am thinking hard on the weekender. Yes yes I know it doesn't have a built in cooler but I could maybe place a cooler bag inside it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts