Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a new friend today while out riding and playing in the mud. New rinny owner. Only had 200 miles on it. Says he will try to find this site and join up. Before the day was over, we decided to see who could best the other in about a 300' drag. He was riding with one of his friends on a Polaris 700 and he beat the 700 about 1 1/2 bike lengths. So thinking to myself and sticking my chest out, I was planning on dusting him real good which would make beating the Polaris a snap. His completely stocker bested me by about 10 bike lengths. Completely took the wind out of my sails. I am trying to save a little face by making excuses like he was probably 75 pounds lighter and I was running the Goodyear Mud Runners, but he has a great running stock rinny. You don't think it could have been because it was green do you? :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it might be the luck of the draw because I have ridden alongside a 700 polaris for most of the 1300 miles that I have on it. From a standing start on the highway we are dead even all the way to about 60 mph I top out at 65 and the Polaris will bury the 70 mph speedo (but not by much). My rinny is stock as far as the engine goes with the exception of about 1/3 of the carb spring. I don't see how some Rincons will only run 52 mph because thats about when mine shifts into 3rd gear. The Polaris is also stock except for disecting the glass out of the muffler then welding it back togeather.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
there are quite a few varaibles one must consider when "racing" another machine, tire type, size and condition, riding surface and surface conditions, the weight of the riders (but realy only if there is a 50 pound or more difference) and finaly, who started the race... you know, the one that counted down to 0 or up to 3 clearly has the jump off the line as they know when they are going to say it...

My bro in law has a rubicon with 6500 miles on it, and worn out stock tires...on gravel roads he can kick my butt off the line and up to about 35 miles per hour where I finaly pass him like hes sitting still...he gets me off the line because my mudlites just dont hookup like the stock rubber does...

now we go off into the fields were the soil is soft, but not muddy, just enough to leave a tread impression is all...

he can count down all he wants, and I can give him a quad length head start, and when I launch... I pass him almost imediatly, and im on two wheels !

I have only raced another stock rincon, (definatley embarrassed the owner of that machine) and a grizzly, the grizzly was at a disadvantage as the rider is pussy... but out in the field I took the stock engine 26" mudlite grizzly off the line, and held my position infront of the grizzly till the rider got scared at about 40 miles per hour and let off...

ride it like you stole it !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts