Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Dyno Jet kit and K & N filter. I can't believe the difference in throttle response that the jet kit made. It is hard to believe that they come from the factory so far off. I am at 700 ft and installed the 146 main and made just a tweak with the a/f screw to richen it up and all I can say is wow. It is a totally different machine.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I ran mine hard yesterday and pulled the plug for a reading. I have the 144/K&N and outerwear. I think it could go up one more size. I also am at about 700'. If you don't mind, take a look at your plug sometime after you have run it hard and let us know how it looks. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is your top end. I seem to have lost about 2 mph. Not too bad but I should gain if anything not loose. I think I might drop a jet size and try again. pulls strong up until top then kind of falls flat. I pulled the plug and it is rich.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I tried the #146 with the clip in the second and third groove, it had less top end than the #144 I am using now in the second groove.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I am going to try the #144 tomorrow. How do you like your bighorn tires. I was thinking of going with either bighorns or atrs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I switched to the #144 and seemed to get my top end back. Didn't get a chance to check my plug yet. It should be jetted closer since it was cold when I tried the #146 and it was rich. The warmer it gets the richer it will run. So there shouldn't be any problems with the #144. I am also running the clip on the second groove.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You guys that are jetted.... Are you having any trouble with cold starts.... Are you running the same jets year around?

Thanks
B

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine seems to start better now!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I put in the kit to factory specs for below 3000ft and my starts are quicker than stock, cold or hot. Much better throttle response from idle-no delays now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really didn't notice any difference with starting. I keep mine in a garage so it doesn't ever really get that cold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The rev. limiter on the rincon stops it at around 60mph, and the constant velocity carb. spring stops it from being aggressive ( Honda lawyers don’t want it to wheelie? ). Get a dyno-jet kit, install the dyno-jet CV spring and needle w/ the clip in the 4th slot on the needle without washers under the clip. Throw away the main jets that come with the dyno-jet kit and use a #40 pilot W/ air the air screw at 3 turns out and a #158 main jet below 5000' or a #155 main jet above 5000' and it will blow away a grizzly or 700 sportsman from 0-50 mph. I haven’t run into a Kaw. 700 so I don’t know about them. I’ve changed five rincons using this set-up and they are all nasty fast up to 50 mph. I haven’t figured out how Honda is de-tuning the engine above 50 mph yet (retard the spark or control the CV carb. slide). If any of you know e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
143 Posts
All,
I have the 144 jet in mine and it is much more reponsive. I also keep mine in a garage, so I don't know about the cold, but other than using the choke when I initially start it, it runs great across the whole spectrum.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts