Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Anyone tried out the tiger tail tow system yet? Looks like a great tool for towing others out and not having to mess with mud covered tow straps! Just wondering?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the link to check it out! Tigertail

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Looks pretty handy, Good find Joe Daddy. Didn't know there was such a critter.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya Bigduke, I thought it was pretty cool looking. Now does it work like it says is the next question. I guess the first thing I want to know is if it gets covered in mud will it still real in like it's supposed to? Know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Thats a good question JD. I don't have much faith in the 6 mo warranty.

This warranty does not apply (i) to parts or components excluded below, or (ii) if the product has been damaged by accident, abuse, misuse, collision, overloading, modification, misapplication, improper installation, or improper service. Commercial or industrial use or application of the product voids the warranty.

When companies put that many exclusions on, I tend to wonder how strong their product really is. It says "average rope 8000lb". Now, suppose they send me a non average. Do I have 10,000 lbs or 4 lbs? It looks like a good idea, but for $159, $10-15 shipping and $35 for a mount, I have a hard time replacing my $15 twenty foot strap. If it gets muddy, I just throw on the rack till I'm done. Of course, in about a week I'll have to add one on my wish list.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The price they want can just go with another winch mounted in the rear..

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya Elwood! It would be nice to get a first hand experience from one of our buddies that has bought one and put it through the ringer for a few months. That does sound kinda pricy for something with not much actual field time. Oh well time will tell..

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True Buck very true now all I need is a front winch then I can worry about a back winch...LOL
BTW who has the best prices around on warn winches that anyone has seen???

·
Registered
591 Posts
Check eBay you can always get a good deal if you're patient about it.

Ebay tip: Try mispelling a word when searching for something, you might be the only one to bid on something that way. You would be surprised on how many people mispell the items they are selling on eBay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts