Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use the Tiny-Tach to help set their idle speed? Heard it is not very practical for anything but that. If so, what are your thoughts as well as which model did you get? What other options are you guys using to set the RPMs?

The Tiny-Tach web page is confusing. Says all Honda's take the model that reads a pulse for every revolution of the crank but I know for a fact you have a compression and exhaust stroke (4 cycle) on the Rincon. That would seem to be every other revolution. What am I missing?

http://www.tinytach.com/

·
Registered
338 Posts
yes i use the tiny tach,have had it on there since day 1.i works great for setting and keeping track of your idle speed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just got my Tiny Tach yesterday. It works good so far, the only bad thing is it has a slight delay when reving it up and stuff.
It's good for setting the idle, and for me it's just nice to know what RPM range my engine is running going down the trail or anything.

Topgun, your going to want the "2C" tach.
The TT226NR-2C is the 2C tach but has no reset button for the hours.
The TT226R-2C is the 2C tach and has the reset button. Your decision, they are the same just one doesn't have a reset for the hours.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! The 2C is the one that the site recommended, just didn't sound right. At least now I know. Thanks again!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yup 2C is for a 1 cylinder 4 stroke engine. That's what I got and it seems to be working fine. Although, when I hit the rev limiter it says like only 4000 rpm but I hit 4500 just driving without hitting rev limiter. I wonder if the rev limiter messes it up because the spark is like being held back.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
The Tiny Tach only updates every two seconds so it's really easy to get the RPMs up higher than it says. You have to be able to hold them there for a while.

Example... my Rincon has never gone over 6000 RPM according to the Tiny Tach. That's hold the thing wide open on a flat road. And it took a while just to get it to even ready 6000. I've never hit a rev limiter though.

Rob

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have not seen the tiny tach of which you speak but it sounds similar to one I have from Sendec. Take a look at their site.

sendec.com

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Duramax, does your Sendec tach have a similar delay in reading RPM's?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the Sendec has a similar delay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts