Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a set of Rincon take-offs(new tires and wheels). Is there any reason I can't run a set of rear tires on the front? This would give me a wider footprint and conceivably more traction.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If they bolt up and do not rub... Go for it.... Stock it seemed the front tires were smaller in diameter than the rear... but there are many peoplehere running 26-10-12's all the way around... If there is clearance.. your golden...

ISNMU

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come to think of it, will there be a problem when I engage 4-wheel drive. Is the gearing set up for the smaller diameter tires I wonder. If so, the front or rear would have to slip and the pressure on the transmission would be considerable. What I'm hoping is the fluid torque converter might absorb any differences. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
The diameter of the stock tires ARE the same front & rear ????

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hondaman, I didn't know for sure. Do you anticipate any unforseen issues with installing a set of rear wheeels and tires on the front? I'm transitioning from a Polaris Ranger 6x6 to the Rincon and so far I'm enjoying the spirited ride the Rincon affords.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I think you'll be fine. Several people on here are doing the same thing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
you should be able to put rear tires+wheels up front, just rember thay will stick out a little more and you will get a little more muddy buts its worth it lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed the extra set of rear tires on the front and they look great!!!!
The don't bind from lock to lock and they only stick out a little. I spent the morning squeezing the Rincon onto the back of my Toyota Tacoma Double-cab. It fits with the tailgate down and the bed extender on. Now I can take my Honda with me when I tow the Tacoma behind my motorhome. We're going to San Diego for Christmas; anyone know a good place to trail ride in the area?

Thanks, Murdoch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts