Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a nice compact tire repair kit with compressor? Also, a travel tool kit to fit common Rincon parts>spark plug, lug nuts, etc? One more, anybody running slime in the tires & does if effect high speed handling? Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to Wal Mart and get an air compressor, less than $10. While there, buy yourself a plug kit. They have various kinds. Also, you can buy a cheap tool kit there. That way, if you do lose something on the trail, you will not feel too bad because you didn't spend much for it.

I have a slime type product in my tires. As long as you put the proper amount in, you will not have any trouble. Just read the label.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If space is tight, Denniskirk.com was several CO2 plugging kits, designed for ATVist, that will fit in the fender compartment on your Rincon. They run anywhere from $15 - $35.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I second topgun's suggestion on the compressor from Walmart. About eight bucks and you will use it often, if not on your tires, then on other people's tires. Get yourself a tow strap while your there. Works great not only for towing, but for reaching longer with your winch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I heard that if you slime your tires, then the plug kits don't work. True?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I spent $10 on the yellow plastic-cased plug kit from Wal Mart, and another $10 on a 12v air compressor. I keep one of each in my Grizzly and Rincon.

I want to get one of the CO2 guns too, because if you pop a bead on the trail, it's easier to reseat it this way.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts