Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally cracked the throttle a little bit on my grizzly over the weekend. I hit about 3/4 throttle on a gravel road and saw 63MPH...I was shocked!! I still had throttle to go and was already at 63. The guy at the dealership told me that there is no rev-limiter for high forward. The only limiters I have noted are in reverse (and the override button doesn't effect) and when its in low and you have the diff locked up (the override button removes this limiter).

Oh, and my father on my old rincon was beside me for a short while on that road...i was crusing at around 8-10MPH with him beside me and he made a comment that his looked much faster, to that I agreed and then said but its not and hit the throttle to which he NEVER cought up LOL...he was somewhat confused and angry when we stopped and said how is it that 10cc makes that much difference (honda-650 yamaha-660)..I said I didn't think it was the cc difference just geared differently..

Peace out everyone,

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Jason you got on my shit list when all you could do was bash the Rincon. Now all you can do is brag about your Grizzly. Don't you get it WE DON'T GIVE A ****. Man this used to be a really nice site, but all this dissention is ruining what was once a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jason, I don't usually repond, but I'm thinking that you should just go ahead and join a Grizzly forum and do all your Rincon bashing on that site. That will leave all of us who enjoy our Rincons ALONE!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Man oh Man! I'll second that. Jason is a real piece of work, isn't he? Mabey no one on the grizzly forum wants to talk to him. Give him some time and he'll be over there whining and crying about his grizz.

·
Registered
613 Posts
This is like cutting the grass that one sunny summer day when you run over a hornets' nest in the ground with the lawn mower, the next thing you know, you're covered with hundreds of bees and getting stung from every direction. OUCH!!
All I can say; Jason, I think you hit the hornets’ nest.!!

Hey fellow Rinconers don’t get too upset, it’s not worth it…Remember this is a good forum..

It will be entertaining to see the other posts on this issue..

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey jason , dont you ever ride any trails?i think the only time you say you are riding its on a road and trying to do a top end run! come on man be a man and use the thing for what is designed to do.and i agree with the rest of our members----- LEAVE!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think yall are funny! If my name was RobG and ran this thing yall wouldn't be quite so harsh. You asked for comparison's of the grizzly and rincon...I am trying to give yall that and you attack me? And I must say in a rather childish mannor to! Why all the name calling and rude behavior, you would think this forum's members are all 12 years old and they know everything about the world...I am truly sorry that me being a member here is bothersome to all of you, but I guess hearing the differeneces between the rincon and the grizzly has really bothered some of you and made you wish you had not gotten the POS rincon...dont hate the person hate the ride... LOL!!!

LOOSERS..

P.S. I am not going anywhere, I would rather piss all of you 12 yr olds off

·
Registered
371 Posts
I only have one more thing to say on this topic because I honestly don't waste my time on people like Jason. #1- I really can't remember anyone asking you for comparisons on anything. #2 Your name isn't RobG, so why bring it up? And last but not least, I'll make you a deal. Ready? IF YOU QUIT TELLING LIES ABOUT US, WE'LL QUIT TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU. Do you really think anyone gives a shit about your opinions on the rincon and the grizz? I for one am not going to waste anymore of my time responding to any of your posts. By the way! I happen to love my ride.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

One of many!!!

I don't know how else to say it!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picky, Well, actually I was asked by more than one person to stay and give comaprisons. Do a search on "my new atv" and read that post. However, Since you are too ignorant to remember the post and comments made let me just give you the URL as well...

http://rincon.atvowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=25&topid=137&thrid=8619

Just so you know cut and paste this into the URL bar.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Troll...

People would not get so pissed if you had something realistic to say..... Your point was the grizz is faster... Great... the rest of the story and your Im better than you attitude is what gets people.... The only one acting 12 is you.....

We are all happy you like your quad..... but try to be PC..... I would like to dig up some of your posts about your new rinny...LOL....

Everything you have is the best right...LOL...

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Jason since you say you are just doing what what was asked of you, try this on for size. 1 (one) person has asked you to stay and give comparisons and at least 8 (eight) have suggested you take a hike.... this time around.

Remember this is not the first time that you have done this. Yea I know you are going to say that it is ALL OF US not you. Also 12 year olds are the ones who resort to name calling. Do any of these ring a bell? "pissants", "wank off", "loosers" , "bastards" & "jerks"

·
Registered
613 Posts
To be honest, Nothing on this post will make me lose sleep tonight. But I love to read things that get people so fired up, It a good thing! It means people are passionate about their ATV’s. You will always have a person that will say that their machine is better. Voicing one persons Opinion is Fine But You can not give your opinion if you’re not asked for one, But most of all if no one is listening !!!!

If you feel that you should give one; Isurvived stated it earlier; Be PC !!

I was going to say “ Don’t Be so hard on Jason” But this isn’t his first time bashing Rincon, Remember this was a machine that you’ve posted weeks before saying The Rincon is the Best.. I was going to stick up for him, but Jason, You asked for it… You just need to be smart about it.

I like this forum because there are several people here that take the time to help others, so with that let’s not forget the positive side. Don’t get too upset guys, Hell Next week there will be another Jason out there….

Enjoy your machine, have fun and don’t let anyone bring you down…

Can you tell that I’m a Parent !!!! I’m 34 and have Three kids, Seems like I deal with this everyday….

·
Registered
371 Posts
Trust Me! Dealing with it is probably never going to end. LOL. My oldest son turned 34 two weeks ago and the youngest turns 32 this month. I do all my rideing with them and some of their friends. Makes me feel younger when I hang with you younger pups.LOL. As far as Jason goes, remember that old saying ("If you keep lookin for it, your gonna find it").

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jason, your Grizz speedo is a bit on the optimistic side. I ride with a couple of Grizzlys and yes, they are faster than my Rincon. Low to mid 60's is the best your Griz will do in stock form. I much prefer the handling of the Rincon to the tank like characteristice or the Griz. Yamaha should have spent a little more time on ergos instead of top speed. I am not saying the Rincon is perfect, Locker would be nice and I wouldn't even mind a low range or sub-drive, but I much prefer the handling characteristics over all other 650cc+ IRS macines that I have ridden. While the Griz may be faster "up on the road", I feel far more comfortable on the trail with my Rincon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts