Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Grizzly for 2 years and am considering a Rincon. The main reason is that I have never been really comfortable on it. It always feels top heavy or "tippy" to me. My sister-in-law has a Grizzly and feels the same way. I love the independent suspension.... Will I have the same trouble with the Rincon?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No, the rincon is not tippy and steers easier.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ride a Rincon, my buddy rides a Grizzly. We switch off frequently, so I know how each handles. There is no difference in tippiness between the two. Both are very easy to steer, they feel equal in power. The Grizzly has the advantage of locking differentials and low range. The Rincon has cool automotive-style automatic transmission. The Grizzly is no more tippy than the Rincon. The Rincon looks "cooler" in my opinion. The Grizzly has much better skid plate protection.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i ride with a guy who has a grizzly with over 5000 miles on it and it is no more tippy than the rincon..one more plus for the grizz,it has more ground clearance,and adjustable shocks....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the Rincon is no more tippy than the Grizzly then both basically have the same ride? Any suggestions on changes to make either one less tippy? Someone suggested changing the tires....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes, there is something you can do to make it less "Tippy". 1)Put on the Highlifter Springs ($99). It will stiffen the ride a little and you will notice that transversing slopes it does not feel like it will tip over sideways down the hill near as much (even though you get 1 more inch clearance). 2)Put heavier tires on it bringing your center of gravity lower. I put the Maxxis Radial 6-ply Bighorns on mine and it is not near as tippy anymore. I am comfortable in almost all occasions with my machine now.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Could try 1" wheel spacers.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
I personally think the Griz feels more top heavy than the Rincon. It seems to me like the Griz has more body roll and feels "clunkier/awkward" in the handling. I don't think steering effort is any greater but I do think the Rincon drives much better, just has a more sure feel to it. I don't really think one is more tippy than the other, just the body roll thing on the Griz makes it feel like it??????

·
Registered
54 Posts
According to Doug Meyer on ATV Television the Griz is one of the tippiest IRS machines out there. He doesn't like the tranny on the Rinny but boasts it as having one of the best rides of the big bore IRS machines.

He rates the Rinny and the Kingquad as the two best big bore IRS machines on the market today. Actually he puts the Kingquad just slightly ahead of the Rinny because he doesn't like the shifting of the tranny in auto mode, no low range and no locker.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the problem is that the rincon tires have a lot of play do to the fact that they are 2 ply and radials. when my brother in law was no my rincon he said that it felt like it was going to roll. I feel it a little but the grizzly has more role to it. I have a buddy that has a 05 grizzly and has been riding from the age 8 and is about 32 now. he s had bikes,snowmobioles,sport quads, 3 wheelers, and 4 wheelers. he said its a little tippy and he has been on the rincon do to the fact that 3 of us have them and can feel a little diff. but with all the yrs of riding he rolld his quad in a turn going about 25 to 30 and I have no problems in a turn a 40. there are some creeks along the house here and it curves alot and i ride like I stold it.

I have put some 25" ITP mudlites XL and the little bit of roll is not as much and my brother-inlaw said the same it s a diff quad now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
just do it you will not bedisaponted

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Didn't they lower the CG in the 05 Grizzly just because they had too many "tippyness" complaints? : )

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont know cause I m a honda man. But its tipps easy (grizzly)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure which quad is more tippy or not.. I just started riding quads But I've rolled my Rinny twice... once riding across a down hill instead of down it ... too quickly... the other was in a guick turn had a log on the burm and when I went over it.. It was over other than that it rides fantastic... but the heavier tires and springs sounds really cool.... Thanks guys... And buy the way I freaking love the Rinny... My son has the Foreman 500 ES and its a great machine too... snd my other sons quad is a Yamaha Kodiak 450... It seems like a really good machine... But its not a Honda I can tell you that... Well I have to go get my ribs X rayed from the weekends adventure... this is a great site guys.. thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I don't think they lowerd the CG they reworked the shock mount location. It still fells tippy to me compared to the Rinny though.

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
oh god you all like the griz too much.can I say one thing? YAMAJUNK!?!? I hate belts, belts go around your waist not in your tranny. The griz rides a little rougher than my rinny, i have a friend that switches me rides for a little bit. No contest I can smoke him on the trails and not get beat up even half as bad! And just this weekend found out that my bud couldn't keep up with a pinned rinny on a straight away. Could be my mods tho he is bone stock. I just don't like the griz that much, You will definately not be dissapointed in switching to a rincon. The feel is sportier and its a honda! Go red or GO HOME!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
If Honda quit making quads I buy a Grizzly next. Yamaha has been good to me in the fun factor and in quality. Kawasaki and Suzuki deserve each other. Everybody else isn't even worth talking about.

·
Administrator
12,394 Posts
Hummmm.. I think since the original poster of this thread hasnt visited the site in almost 2 yrs, that he has made his mind up.. Who was the grave digger anyway lol :)

·
Premium Member
3,127 Posts
yeah no shit your like a spammer when you dig these things up....i didn't even realize the date.......oh well had to be a newbie!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts