Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one had their transmition blow? or known of this happening? The reason I am asking is because I heard this has happened to a number of Rincon owners?

·
Registered
338 Posts
only believe 1/2 of what you hear on the internet,3700 miles on a rubicon no problems,1200 miles on the rincon no problems.

any vehicle mass produced can and will have problems just don't worry about it to the point were you think yours is next,remember how abused alot of these quads are and the lack of maint,heck some people never even wash it after the first ride,let alone change the oil,ck valves and let it warm up before you race down the trail.so with that go ride and enjoy..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Since the transmissions are out of a car, so I am told by the dealership, they should be very tough. Their cars make 120+hp and more torque than our 1 cyl engine, so I think it should be pretty strong. I haven't heard of any transmission problems in the Rincon yet.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
It may be out of a car but the torque converter is different, as it's not a lockup unit. Besides, do we know for certain it's out of a car, or is it simply a "car-like" design?

Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
A little food for thought. a few years back, around 2000, I read an article in road and track or one of the more prestigous mags that talked about honda spending a large amount of time and effort on a light auto tranny for there hybrid type cars. The project failed do to the trany not being able to hold enough horsepower.(If I recall correctly, it was alot) The article went on to state that honda had elected to hand there R&D over to the guys on the atv side and that you could look for this enovative new tranny in a quad in the next couple of years.

I guess my point of all this is not that it is a car tranny, but more that From what I have read on the subject I feel that Honda has been working on this type of thing long enough that it is a sound product.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Im not saying there hasnt been any...but I havent heard of one single "blown" Rincon tranny from a legitimate source.

·
Registered
322 Posts
jkkj, no of course it's not a tranny taken right out of a car and put into the Rincon. But, it is designed, built, and functions just like one.

al007, your the first I have ever heard of, as far as a tranny going out. Are you sure you really own a Rincon?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife was driving the rode,went to turn around and it wouldn,t go forward.SO SHE BACKED THE QUAD ALL THE WAY HOME. TOOK IT TO DEALER AND THEY GOT IT TO GO BUT IT CLUNK SO BAD WHEN IT WENT INTO GEAR.I SAID IT DIDN'T CLUNK LIKE THAT BEFORE ( I MEAN IT WAS A BAD CLUNK) SO THEY CALLED HONDA.THEY SAID FIX IT.I DON'T KNOW ALL WHAT THEY DONE. FORK ASEMBLE AND BEARINGS I BELIEVE. YA, IT'S A 2003 RINCON.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife was driving the rode,went to turn around and it wouldn,t go forward.SO SHE BACKED THE QUAD ALL THE WAY HOME. TOOK IT TO DEALER AND THEY GOT IT TO GO BUT IT CLUNK SO BAD WHEN IT WENT INTO GEAR.I SAID IT DIDN'T CLUNK LIKE THAT BEFORE ( I MEAN IT WAS A BAD CLUNK) SO THEY CALLED HONDA.THEY SAID FIX IT.I DON'T KNOW ALL WHAT THEY DONE. FORK ASEMBLE AND BEARINGS I BELIEVE. YA, IT'S A 2003 RINCON.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts