Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 05 650 rincon. Im having problems with the transmission. In either esp or Auto i can move the shift to drive or reverse and i can feel it catch but it just wont move. I have the right amount pf fluid in it, what could making this problem? Any feedback would be great
Thanks, Flukem

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
Hey guys i have a 05 650 rincon. Im having problems with the transmission. In either esp or Auto i can move the shift to drive or reverse and i can feel it catch but it just wont move. I have the right amount pf fluid in it, what could making this problem? Any feedback would be great
Thanks, Flukem
What oil are you using and what is PF fluid?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, Flukem
Make sure your oil level is all the way full. The oil doubles as your transmission fluid, and if it is low, the torque converter won't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Flukem
I had the same problem. I would have to let it warm up for about five minutes before it would not slip. Then I change the oil I think I might’ve put a little too much and it hasn’t slipped since. I don’t understand it! And this slipping was going on for years! I have a 2006 ringing .

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
I had the same problem. I would have to let it warm up for about five minutes before it would not slip. Then I change the oil I think I might’ve put a little too much and it hasn’t slipped since. I don’t understand it! And this slipping was going on for years! I have a 2006 ringing .
If you read the owners manual it states a warm up is required. Warm thin oil makes it go. These machines are unlike any other ATV. I still wish to know what PF fluid is and where you put it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello, sorry about misinformation on oil type. i was trying to say right amount of oil. Well, still have to the problem with transmission. only now when put lever in drive or reverse it dont do no grinding like it usually would with a high idle or rpm. maybe that could help out a little more. please, any info would be great . im a real great mechanic. i built four wheeler my self. so asking about types of oil, amounts of oil or any simple things is just nonsense .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts