Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Rincon with about 100 miles on it. Lately it has been taken awhile for the transmission to engage. I can be riding and come to complete stop without taking it out of gear and when I go to take off again the motor will rev up and then the transmission will engage what could be causing this and sometimes it does it when I put it in gear and just take off . Do you think that something needs adjusted or could there be a problem occuring. I'm hoping everything is just getting broke in and something needs adjusting if this is the case what do I need to try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
04RM

How much does it rev before it takes off. Mine does it to, that probably the converter building preasure mine can take a few hundred R,s

My 03 Rinny has 3400 miles on it I don't think its a problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I suspect you are riding before the oil gets warmed up. Does this problem continue after the oil reaches operating temps. Read your manual and let the Rincon warm up for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will do it all day long. It doesn't matter if its hot or cold. As far as the RPM's they will rise up high enough that it will jurk you pretty hard when it takes off. It is kinda of hard to explain, but at times its almost like reving something up and dumping the clucth. It just started doing this about the last 20 miles. I know it can,t be normal I just hope it needs some adjustments done to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Might try changing the oil and filter since the crankcase and transmission share the oil. You might look back on some of the threads for oil suited for your area. Good luck. If problems still exist then a trip to the Honda dealer would be my next suggestion.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Sounds to me like the idle isn't set right, and possibly the air-to-fuel mixture screw isn't right either. Do a search on "no more stalling" and you'll find a thread on how to adjust both.

Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check idle speed and tps setting and reset the ecm. I use castrol syntec 5w50, it is non-energy conserving, and meets proper requirements. It helped the operation of my trans greatly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts