Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mud....thought you would like to BBQ a bit of this moose I shot in Millertown....

·
Registered
338 Posts
holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!how much did that thing weigh???..

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over 1500 lbs !!!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
okay,now don't tell me you loaded that on your rincon and rode out of the woods..lol...that is awesome....what a trophy...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
wow !,, WOW!!!,, even my wife (who also hunts and shoots and guts) said Yikes! Im not trying to be funny here at all, but is that some kind of record... what did that dress out at ? when the F did you shoot that, and where, and how often do you seem that big there ? holy shit. thats the most sobering thing I have ever seen, and Im half way into a 60 oz bottle of Gibsons (canadian whiskey)

could you send me the original photo... I want to get it printed so I can say I actually "know" the guy that shot that.. holy shit,, Im not gonna sleep for a week...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
jeezuz.. I cant stop looking at that, I have never seen anything so huge...well except for when I go to the john in the morning ;) now lets not get carried away... we canadians.... ahem... I think I mentioned that I might be full of some kanadian christmas cheer didnt I... woot !

·
Registered
322 Posts
Speechless..........................................$%#&!!!

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
Dam, that thing could leave a crap in the woods that would weigh more than the deer I get to shoot at.Mudchucker, my wife will help skin, but guts send her a runnin with her hand over her mouth.If your wife ever leaves you, send her south.

·
Registered
280 Posts
One "whale" of a moose oldtown. What cartridge/bullet weight did you take him with?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
300 Winchester Magnum
180 gr. Super-X Power-Point

At 2600 ft pds of energy the bullet has a delayed, controlled expansion. Deep penetration through thick, tough skin, heavy muscle tissue and bone. Mainly for large, heavy game animals like this one.

It took 3 days to call this BULL out of the country...it sure was well worth the wait!

·
Premium Member
8,099 Posts
I still can't quit lookin. We had these critters in Alaska, man yours is impressive. Gonna mount it? I have stuffed dead critters all over the house. The great room looks like a flock of ducks...or was that sea gulls

·
Registered
338 Posts
you know the more i look at that pic,the smile on your face and the position your in.....maybe he is already mounting it....rotflmao...(its only some humour please don't get mad)

that is one heck of a beast,i have shown it to some of my customers who hunt and they are very impressed...you are persistent,3 days for him to come out..i can't imagine how nervous/excited you must get when you actually get to site him in...the fear i would have is if i miss this SOB he could just run me down like a mack truck,i know they usually run away but my luck would be different,he'd come barreling right at me..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!

I with Mudchucker, part way into a bottle of Crown Royal (another favorite Canadian Whiskey) and I am gonna mix another one now, just to make sure I am not seein' things...

I have to say, of all the hunting and pics I have seen from my area, I have never seen one quite like that... WOW!! What was the spread on that beast? Even if you did mount it, it looks like you would need barn doors to get it inside. I hope you weren't too far in, that would have been one hell of a chore to get out of the woods.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good God thats one huge mother pucker!! Congradulations, my freakin heart would have exploded if I'd see something like that in the wilderness.

·
Registered
44 Posts
oldtown- Something is not right here, I have seen that picture before.
Jim

·
Registered
131 Posts
If that pic turns out fake , you'll never hear the end of it....nice moose though. Seen some buffalo that are that scary/heavy, by the way you could have just skinned him and made hamburger out of him with a 375 h&h mag.lol

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK guys I this has to STOP! Sorry to break the news to you all but I never shot this moose. I did this for humour by cropping my picture on there and I never thought that anyone would take this so seriously.

All you guys are great and have lots of stuff to share with others including a good laugh every now and then and mudchucker couldn't quote it any better... "its always good to try and express some kind of humor in your posts, photos, videos etc all help to assist others in getting some kind of idea as to the writers personality and so on... this way we all get a sense of comradery"

I do really apologize if I have offended anybody.

Sincerely,

Oldtown169

PS. The following picture is for real.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
shame shame shame!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts