Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you have ever seen one of the Warn multi-mount winch mount setups. I still have one Rincon without a winch and am interested in how this setup looks, works etc.

·
Registered
338 Posts
had one on my rubicon,it was ok..but after putting the montana jacks on the rincon,now i know what quality is all about..big difference in how they mount and install,i have all the confidence in the world you could hang the rincon from either end of the m/j setup and it is not going anywhere..very well thought out and put together..plus they have all kinds of accessories too..

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the warn multi mount and love it. After driving several atvs with winches mounted on the front, the multi mount is the only way to go. I don't see any problems with warns system. Warns is a nice clean install. I also built myself a winch rotator for my snowplow. Montana Jacks sells them for 89.00 or you can build one for about $10.00, you make the call.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a Warn Multi-mount FROM Montana Jacks. They tried their best to talk me into their own unit, which they said was built much sturdier, but when it came down to the thickness of the metal used, theirs was actually thinner stock! The Warn unit is extremely well thought out and very sturdy. It is far sturdier than the frame on the Rincon to which it is mounted. The MJ system is way overpriced. Thier sales pitch is pure BS. They hail from Montana, but the guy on the phone had a Jersey accent, and a Jersey attitude. They could not specifically state one single aspect in which their system is better than the Warn, except to repeatedly harp on the line "it's like comparing apples to oranges"....well, excuse me, but we are comparing two steel mounting systems, a little more specificity would be nice. What is even worse, their system requires that you bust out the plastic grill on the front of your Rincon. Not so with the Warn system. MJ runs around $400 compared to the Warn for around $120.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go with the Warn Multi-mount. Anything Warn makes is quality stuff. As far as the Montana Jack mount, I agree with Dave.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If Montana Jacks mounting system is anything like their winch rotator then it is made out of much thinner metal than warns. My friend bought one from Montana Jacks and it isn't half as nice as the one I built.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The success of the MJ system is testimony to the fact that aggressive marketing can sell a product that is inferior to its competitors'. I can find no other reason why someone would but MJ. Look at their D-ring receiver attachment. Identical to the Warn part. Four times the money. I'm embarrassed to have even done business with these guys even if it was to buy a Warn product.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Hey guys..I would love to see some front and rear pics of the warn multi mount already hooked up on the Rincon.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
....somebody must have pictures ??

thx

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have installed the Warn multi-mount on a Foreman and I wasn't impressed. Just u-bolted onto the tubing. I used MJ on my rincons and am satisfied with their product, but it could be improved. The thickness of the steel is sorta moot. Both are plenty strong and the quad frame will fail before the receiver steel. However the mounting is the key. Bolted securely and spread out to multiple points. I just made a receiver system for my Rubicon that needed to be very strong for a Warn 4.0ci and to handle the Quad outfitted with tracks. (very heavy). If I get it stuck out in the Everglades, I'll probably have to have a chopper lift it out cause nothing will be able to get out to it to pull it out. Need the receiver to support the whole quad (over 1100lbs. when hoisted airborne. I'll post some pics of all tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agree with Sxflyer about the strength, either is plenty strong. I have the MJ. I like where it holds the winch in front, nice and high. Make it very easy to grab when your baried. Truth of the matter is I think most people would be happy with either system. For me, the MJ looked like the better all around unit. I didn't try to save a buck and buy a cheap quad, why save a dime on my mount?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts