Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a warn 2.5 and can not find a good place to mount the little black box that the wires meet in. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have installed the selenoid on the back of atv... check underneath your quad on exahust area... you can install selenoid on the very end of the seat underneath around the exahust area... you will need to drill to attach the selenoid... once attahced there is lots spece between exahust and selenoid... will take some pic' and send it to you... please send me a email note to [email protected] so send pic back to you... thx!

2005 Rincon... after 21 miles of use i got water into the engine and damaged the clutch... root cause, missing oil cap (not dipstick) Dealer have not respond me yet... any suggestion????

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Warn contactor for the winch on my Rincon is mounted under the seat where the tool kit normally goes. It's almost a custom fit for the contactor. Here's a link to a previous thread about the same subject (I don't know how to make it a hot link, so you'll have to copy and paste to your browser to open it):

http://rincon.atvowners.com/index.cfm?action=thread&catid=25&topid=141&thrid=8486#p65687

Click on Topgun's profile line in that thread. He has a picture of a contactor mounted in the exact same spot as mine. Good luck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ed,

My son's 2005 Rincon also had the oil cap missing. He most likely got mud not water in the engine. He's changed the oil a few times and it's running fine. Let me know how you make out with Honda...Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,676 Posts
loosen the left plastic, use 2 u-bolts and attach the contactor to the frame, 1 u-bolt on either side of the airbox tab. Here is another view.

Good Luck

·
Registered
518 Posts
Say Oilcan,

Has that bad-boy in the picture ever been ridden ?
My '05 is only 6 weeks old and is dirtier than that - even after pressure washing.......
......OR do you have some magic secret cleaning agent you can share the details with us that gets it that clean ???????????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts