Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the hmf engineering site and noticed they graph before and after hp with their pipes. I noticed that the Rincon has 16hp stalk and 20hp with pipe. Now if you look at someother quads and compare, Honda is really sucking in the hp department for a 650cc bike. Can these numbers be true? They have the vinson at more HP. And the Grizz is way up there. My bro has a Vinson and it goes pretty good mine is a little faster but not much, and his accelerates just as quick. I always thought this was due to my 26" m+s tires?
Thoughts

·
Registered
61 Posts
my title states 32.5 hp. A bit more than that dyno, not sure who is true.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the 32.5 hp is at the motor and the 16 hp is at the wheels

·
Registered
131 Posts
Monkeyass ( I almost feel bad calling ya that!! hehe) I'll bet if you put the stock tires back on and raced the vinson you would spank the shit outa him! I have kicked ass on 700 sportsmans with my rincon(with stock tires) I also have a sportsman for sale because it just isn't holding up, or keeping up. I have also had my honda up to about 106 kph on an icy road ride, the guy I was riding with went out a week later and bought a rincon cause I beat him so bad. I LOVE MY RINCON

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red Rocket:I know my Rincon has more power than his Vinson and am very happy with it. I just cant believe these numbers, obviously they must of made a mistake.
PS: Must be lots of sweet places to ride around Chetwynd! I know I did some work around Tumbler and I wish I had my quad with me.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I grew up around pemberton... so I think Im within a birth right when I say this... riding around chetwynd has to be tough... avoiding all the pot plants and tree huggers in the bush has got to be when hell of a chore ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ya, mud chucker tell me about it, hehe. You gotta make a trip up here and I'll take you to some REALLY cool spots. About those honda hp #, I had an xr 650r with a liquid cooled thumper and it produced 37 hp in stock trim.... but when you do the necessary unplugging of all the motor stuff( intake,carb,exhaust pipe, it jumped up to 51 hp! I don't know if there might be something we can do to the rincon along the same lines??????

mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts