Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help will be much appreciated, I was servicing my 650 last week and noticed that I’m losing coolant from the radiator but reservoir tank is staying full, checked engine oil and the oil was milky so first thought was head gasket so went ahead and changed that( also done an oil change), put the bike back together and was running great for a couple miles but then whilst idling or coasting she was cutting out, decided to pull spark plug to check spark but whilst turning the engine over I had water squirting out the plug hole, I know obviously this is not right and something is wrong but is it a case of I’ve fitted the head gasket incorrectly? I never had this problem of it dying before the gasket change.
No obvious signs of the gasket leaking on the outside of the engine, but still getting a lot of water in my oil, any suggestions please?

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Sorry to inform you, but you probably barked up the wrong tree.

Water (coolant) in the oil is usually the sign of a failed water pump seal. There are seal kits available or you can just order a water pump from Honda.

What bothers me is the water coming out the spark plug now. This is a sign of a head gasket issue. It is possible you messed up that repair. Did the old head gasket show signs of a break or path for coolant to leak into the cylinder......should be visually obvious. If the first head gasket did fail, you need to verify the cylinder and head are perfectly flat where the gasket sits. If not, you may need to resurface one or the other.

Be VERY careful cranking the engine over with the starter until you figure this out. Enough coolant in the cylinder can cause it to hydro-lock and can bend a connecting rod or worse. Use the pull start to turn the engine over a few times, if it doesn't try to lock up, then it should be safe to use the e-start.

Reactions: Oilcan

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry to inform you, but you probably barked up the wrong tree.

Water (coolant) in the oil is usually the sign of a failed water pump seal. There are seal kits available or you can just order a water pump from Honda.

What bothers me is the water coming out the spark plug now. This is a sign of a head gasket issue. It is possible you messed up that repair. Did the old head gasket show signs of a break or path for coolant to leak into the cylinder......should be visually obvious. If the first head gasket did fail, you need to verify the cylinder and head are perfectly flat where the gasket sits. If not, you may need to resurface one or the other.

Be VERY careful cranking the engine over with the starter until you figure this out. Enough coolant in the cylinder can cause it to hydro-lock and can bend a connecting rod or worse. Use the pull start to turn the engine over a few times, if it doesn't try to lock up, then it should be safe to use the e-start.
Pretty sure he posted on FB and that was my exact reply, lol.

Hope you are doing well ole Friend!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Pretty sure he posted on FB and that was my exact reply, lol.

Hope you are doing well ole Friend!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I am doing very well, thank you for your thoughts. Getting ready to reduce the deer population next week by at least 2.

I trust your are doing well yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts