Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a water temp gauge to my rincon. But, the current ones offered from JT & Highlifter are too big to mount where I want too. Can some one that has one explain to me how and where the sensor is mounted to the cooling system. Pictures would be helpful too, if any one has any.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is a aluminum T that has to be spliced into the upper radiator hose and the sensor is screwed into the T.This is how it works on the High Lifter gauge,not sure on the JT.This is a very time consuming job,so be prepared,but well worth the time spent once installed!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
The J&T guage is the same. I installed one on my Predator 500 and it took about a half hour. You just have to measure and cut out a portion of the upper radiator hose so the Tee can fit.

I want to get one on my Rincon and Grizzly, but it hasn't been in the budget.

Rob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys. I bought a gauge today at the auto parts store and picked up a brass "T" with a coupler from the local hardware store. I installed it today in about 1 hr.. The original reason for this was because the other gauges were too big to mount where I wanted it on my front box. It works great and everything only cost me $23. Which is definately nice to the budget. LOL
Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts