Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of Electrical Grease do I use to put in the Spark Plug and Electrical Connectors to keep water out? Brand name and where can I purchase it. Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's called Die-Electric grease. You can get it most any auto parts store. Be sure to put it on the connector for the ECU. It's located between the battery box and the airbox. It's a pain in the ass to get to, but needs to be done also. You can also get from Grainger Industrial supply in small one-use packets, great for keeping in the tool kit.

·
Registered
208 Posts
a lot of autoparts stores have the single use packets near the cash register, get a tube and keep it in a cool place, when that stuff warms up it makes a horrible mess, had one get broken open in my tool box, not a fun cleanup!

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's also know as light bulb grease. Any hardward store should have it. I just picked some up the other day at a True Value hardware store.

Comes in a little tube (like a little loc-tite tube) and is about 4-5 bucks. I bought the only two they had because it's time to lube the quick connects on my warn winch again (multi mount).

·
Registered
807 Posts
Check Discount Auto. About a 10 oz. can with a plastic tube nozzle. Plenty for the whole bike

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
one thing to think about also is if you do or not run a snorkel, you can use blue rtv(easy clean up if you have to remove it and reapply) to seal up the airbox and carb boot. and also carquest autoparts carries a spray sealer called Acra-seal, you spray it on your carb to keep water out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dow corning DC-3 is one brand name. Also GE makes one. These are silicon grease, and are die electric. I'm not sure where to get them I have used them in aviation maintenance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts