Honda Rincon Forum banner

Weekend ride

3K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  Marvin1313 
#1 ·
Theres a town named Albany in the Snowy Range mountains about 1 1/2 hourse West of Cheyenne that is basically a snowmobile/ATV town. It has a lodge and a little store, a small fire station, several cabins and nothing else. The locals travel almost entirely by snowmobile in the winter and ATVs in the summer. We spent all day Saturday riding in the area and i'm kickin myself for not going earlier in the year. It's getting colder around these parts but next year i'm gonna do alot more riding in Albany. It was an interesting day. First we found an old car a 1953 I believe right in the mountains miles from anywhere that looked like it had been smashed by a tree. I've posted 2 pics of it below. Then one of the guys I was riding with ran out of gas several miles from the trucks. Well, the rope I always bring I had left at home that day so the ******* in me took over and I tried towing him with about 5 feet of duct tape. That worked until the terrain got rough and the tape kept breaking. Then we had a thought, we took my drain hose and connected it to another guys drain hose (1 wasn't long enough) and we siphoned gas out of one of the ATVs into a water bottle. That got him back to the truck for a fill up. It was a great day and I absolutely love that area.

#23 ·
I was thinking of you SunkAgain when I posted these. If you get back here with your ATVs drop me a line and i'll take you to some great trails.

#26 ·
Thanks BigSam for the pics, look like a beautifully place to ride. Love to ride in the woods!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.