Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just picked up a 05 Rincon. I’m pretty new to four wheelers and one of the things I’ve noticed so far with mine is this:

When I first start the machine i put it in gear and it’ll start driving. It accelerates up to about 20 MPH then it’ll slowly start to slow down and it won’t seem to accelerate properly but then after a few minutes of the machine running it’ll accelerate and shift properly. Any ideas? Could it just be a thing that it does when I first run the machine?

·
Registered
445 Posts
They gotta be warm. Oil pressure is what makes the tourqe convertor spin to drive the trans

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Yeah the auto is designed to share oil with the engine, and is intended to run in heavier oil than the typical torque converter type auto, but they do need to warm up a bit to shift well. 06 and up got larger passages in the transmission IIRC, but they also need to warm up if it’s below freezing.

·
Administrator
12,387 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Along with whats stated above, make sure to use the proper oil designed for ATVs, and make sure its full. When checking the oil, don't screw in the stick, and have the level at the full mark, even a drop higher.

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Along with whats stated above, make sure to use the proper oil designed for ATVs, and make sure its full. When checking the oil, don't screw in the stick, and have the level at the full mark, even a drop higher.
As well, run the engine for 5 minutes, turn it off, let the warm oil drain back down (2 minutes) for an accurate oil volume check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts