Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried everything you guys of said to try to get my 03 Rincon to wheelie and cant get the front end up. I know I have a little weight on the front end winch, front bumper etc. but I have seen pictures of guys with front storage boxes Loaded, winches and bumpers and they can still wheelie. Do you think if I get a jet kit and aftermarket pipe it will wheelie. I also have 27 inch mudlites to help the problem. Do you guys think I will ever be able to get the front end up? Thanks RedRider08

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
How many miles do you have on it ? Mine was a dogg till I hit around 500 miles on it.Then I clipped the spring, now it will pull the wheels straight up with no problem. Wouldn't think that 27" mudlights would add that much more weight.I've got the winch, bumpers etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got around 745 miles on her and she'll hit around 65 on flat ground. When I pin it to try to wheelie it hesitates a second. I don't have a problem with speed I would just like to be able to get the front end in the air.Would a jet kit help me with the hesitation? RedRider08

·
Registered
47 Posts
Red,
Try putting a foot in the rear rack and make sure you are getting good traction. I have to do that with mine. I have the jet kit and the K&N and a 2" exhaust tip and I still have to put a foot in the rear rack to get it to come up. bigjohn is right about the mileage too. They only get better with age.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Red, I have the jet kit, K&N and a 2" exhaust tip as well, about $130 later and she will get off the ground now. Not like some people on here who describe just pushing the gas and she's up. I have to give a little tug but she comes all the way up now w/o putting my foot back. And like everyone says they only get stronger with time. Good luck and it takes time to learn to get it right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Outdoorsman,

Where do you go riding around Houston? I live in Dayton. Ever been out to San Jacinto River between Crosby & Channelview?

TAK

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I bet if you clip your spring that hesitation you have when you go WOT will go away.It did in my situation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The jet kit will help with throttle response and mid range. The mudlite is a great tire but it will not hook up as good as the radials. The bias tires spin too much. With the Badland radials on I can sit on the seat and hit the throttle and wheelie. With the 27" mudlites I have to pull back on the handle bars to wheelie. I noticed that they spin more than the radials do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts