·
Registered
102 Posts
They are 393 series.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Mud,

I have come to the same conclusion as you that the DynoJet kits are crap. So, I was wondering who did you order yor Keihin jets from? Your local dealer?
The reason that I ask is this. All of my local dealers are asking something about body type fo the carb? WTF. Don't they know.?.? Don't they have all of the MicroFiche/CDs to tell them that. Are they saying that in the 3 production years ( '03 to '05 ) that there are more than one "style" of carbs on these things? My faith in dealers is not that high. He told me to bring in my bike and we'll order the correct one to fit it. I thought to myself - you aren't touching my atv. Aren't the dynojet kits universal for those year models. Meaning one kit will fit more than one atv.?

Anyway, sorry about the rant. It just caught me wrong, I guess.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Mudd, I had a friend contact dynojet and they claimed the diffence with their jets was the taper of the ID... not necessarily just the size of the of the hole. At least that makes a little more sense for all the discrepencies. I am still running the 155 main and have had no problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found one. The nice folks at www.carbparts.com helped me out. Very nice and they will ship it out today. That was the main thing. I f'd up my stock by boring it out and need to replace it with the larger one. Plus, i'm leaving tomorrow to ride for 3 days. Not going to ride my old Arctic Cat for 300+ miles.

Thanks anyway,

John

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you order your mains, go to steenhansens.com and cross reference the keihin mains with the steen hansens part number, and just order the steen hansens part number from a local bike shop...almost all bike shops will order steen hansens parts...

http://www.steenhansens.com/cat/atv/index.html

go through K for Keihin Jets and then page M21 and the Keihin mains are the center column, you can see 393 in the part number...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts