Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 4, 10" BigHorn Radials. They are fine on the rear rims but the handling seems a little strange on the narrow front rims; they dart and pull around when encountering anything in the trail. I believe the sidewall not being straight up and down is responsible for much of this. They really bulge out compared to the rears.

My question is does anyone know of a after market 7" rim that does not have the offset of the IPT C series or the Maxxim's? I don't want the added width, the 10" on the stock fron are already wide enough to throw mud all over.

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
84 Posts
My ATR's did the same thing until I adjusted the toe a bit. I think it is because the tire is more square than the standard front tire that this occurs. Doesn't help that you've got the 10" on the front too. There is a lot more contact with the ground. Really, changing the wheel size to 7" will probably not make much difference, especially since we are only talking about an inch. The stock fronts are 6" wide, the rear 7.5"

Not sure who makes the wheels you want. Maybe look at Douglas to see what they offer. Either that or find another set of rears to run on the front. Not sure if they would rub though.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
When I put 10's all around on my Grizzly it did the same thing... then I took an hour one morning and made a bunch of small adjustments to the toe settings, followed by a test ride on pavement. It cured it! Now it tracks straight and is really nice.

BUT... I do have them on MaxLite 7" wheels, which have the same offset as the C-Series.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys I'm in the process of putting the Bighorns on my C-Series. Please explain this toe adjusting.

Thanks for your help

G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts