Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do wheel spacers help stability? What size is everyone running? Does anyone run the bonoss wheel spacers?

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
On an IRS machine like the Rincon, spacers put extra loads on the bearings, making them (bearings) fail prematurely. Even using wheel off sets that push the tires out like a spacer would, will increase bearing wear. Those who run spacers, will eventually need to replace the bearings... Corndog and Mudbuddy nail it here. wheel spacers

·
Registered
50 Posts
It’s true that wheel spacers will add stability. Body English will also add stability! Learn to hang off the side of that thing if you want to ride aggressively and forget the wheel spacers. Like Oilcan said-spacers cause premature wear on everything. Plus they put the tires way outside of the fenders, and you’ll be showered in mud if you come across any. I made the mistake years ago of running wide offset aftermarket rims with 26” Mud Bugs on a 2005 Foreman 500. 10” wide front tires and 12”wide rears. I put 13,000 miles on that machine and I’ll bet I put 6 sets of front wheel bearings and all bushings etc to get it to go that far. If you plan on riding a lot of miles, the closer to stock you keep it, the better. I’ve owned 3 Foreman’s and two Rincon’s since that machine and haven’t replaced bearings nearly as frequently.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There was also a 2016 Can Am 850 thrown in there since that 2005 Foreman but we won’t go there with that thing lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How much do wheel spacers help stability? What size is everyone running? Does anyone run the bonoss wheel spacers?
I used 1inch spacers in the front of my Rincon for about a year and they did help a little bit. I took them off when I put new Bighorn 3.0 tires all around. The front tires are now directional and this made a major difference riding SXS ruts. Muddy or dry my Rincon goes where I point it without slipping or tipping.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts