Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides going through google or the like and coming up with the 3 vendors who sell this that i have found (highlifter, pssst, and shadetree) is there anyone else out there that i can get the exhaust for cheaper than 300? The link to Atvconnection is dead for the 250 deal which was over a year ago. So, is there anywheres else other than those three places?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its actually cheaper to buy in the states. I am a bit reluctant to purchase yet as mbrp hasnt replied to my email. I asked if it were for sale as i didnt see it listed on their webpage. So i wonder if they discontinued it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the cheapest place i could right now is in texas, they drop ship them from the mbrp in canada.

the dealer in texas is called

Craycroft Racing (havent even looked to see if they have a website yet)
817-441-5893
$254 for the exhaust
$25 for shipping $15 for spark arrestor

Im going to order this next week unless someone on here tells me they have had a problem with their mbrp. I just dont want something really loud, but i want more power.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
be carefull ordering online from the USA, you might have to pay Customs handling fees, taxes, duty and brokerage fees, and what will realy piss you off is, you might not get those bills until well after you have the system installed... seriously !

if you want to avoid the problems, have them ship it fedex express, fedex does there own customs clearing and such...and have them declare the value for customs at 45 buks...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have any of you purchased this pipe? Pleased? Too loud like the HMF? Is the sound really deep and rumbling? I take long rides , but need more power. Also, has anyone jetted with this pipe? Going up hills etc. But, i don't want a busting headache at the end of the day.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Nice & throaty, not too loud. Just a good sounding pipe. Also exits out the rear not the side which I like.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will double check to see if i will pay anything i shouldnt for shipping before i buy as i agree that those extra expenses are ridiculous for a neighboring country, i could see if i was ordering it from Mozambique or something. But not mexico or canada.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah as long as the customs rip off isnt included in the deal. I will let you know after next week. The price i was emailed from MBRP less shipping was 309 for the exhaust and 20 for the spark arrestor. I can get everything including shipping from the place in texas i mentioned above for 294. ( i dont work or have anything to do with them, i just am fwding info along where it might be appreciated)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i ordered the mbrp this afternoon. the shipping does include all customs fees. The total including the spark arrestor, exhaust, and shipping was 295 and change. I have a few questions for people on here who own this exhaust.

-should i get the Service Manuel for the Rincon, or is the process of taking everything apart to do this install pretty clear and simple?

-do you use the spark arrestor and if so, do you have to do different jetting for that compared to without the spark arrestor installed

-what is the optimum jetting for 150 ft above sea level for this quad. i will ride in this area about 90% of the time and thats pretty much it. If anyone can help, i will just buy the jet i need instead of a whole kit. And if i need another jet, i will worry about it down the road.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
installing the muffler isnt an easy task, this is for sure... first, remover the rear rack... remove the plastic engine cover on the left side of the engine to get to the exhaust clamp... you will need to remove both tail lites to get the rack off... with the rack off and out of the way, you can easily bend the plastic out of your way and such..have fun with this... I know Im never going to do it again (I hope)

spark arrester has no impact on performance, and you must have it in order to be legal in most states and canadian provinces

Im at 700 feet above sealevel... and depending on how much fuel you want to burn... dont get anything less then the #152 (stock jet) with the DJ needle, and I have been up as high as #162 ....but Im a jetting fanatic...

yes... the stock jet is larger then the jet the DJ kit will tell you to replace with, the difference is the taper and adjustment on the needle. SO, if you are going to rejet, just change the needle...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If i am bending plastic i will wait for a warm day so i am not breaking plastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts