Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know if anybody knows were to buy the PRM skid plates other than directly from PRM. I want to get the full set, front and rear a-arm protectors and the bottom skid plate.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Except for some on E-bay at the same prices, I hadn't been able to find them elswhere.

They are very stout. Be sure to get the front bash plate. If you want to save a bit you might skip the rear A-arms. Stand your Rinny up to install. Take some measurements and drill a hole for access to the rear differential drain before bolting up.

Note that not all the bolts go in straight and that some holes may require some slotting with something like a Dremmel tool. If you are not carefull you can easily cross-thread and strip the lower front bash plate mounting nuts on the frame.

You will like them!

Greg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info parkgt. I already have the Aluminum Products winch mount hook holster for the 3.0 Warn, will this interfere at all with the PRM skid plate or front a-arm guards?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't know what attachment points your winch hook uses. The skid plate ueses those that the Honda plate used. The A-arms should not be an issue. The PRM front bash plate uses the same ones as the Honda if I remember correctly and those may be some of the same ones used by the winch hook. I had to do some modifications to get my Warn bumper, and front bash plate to work together.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I recommend the rear A-arm guards if it's in your budget... I haven't gotten 'em yet and can see that I need them. My stock rear plastic guards have been sliced up pretty good by rocks.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts